Mercedes Axor

I have an 11 plate Axor 2543 euro 5 at the moment and its appears to be pretty heavy on ad blue, it uses a barrel a day, which is around 450-550 kms.

Do any of you know if this is normal or should I be getting it looked at? Also what sort of price should I be paying for it as the BP we fill up as charges 19.99 for each barrel.

Thanks for your help.

how big is the barrel ?

edit to add :

Normal usage rates are between 3 and 5 % of the diesel you use

They are 10 litre containers,

Its using between 10-15 litres a day, so more like 8%. It’s surprised me how much extra its adding onto a weeks costs, at nearly £2 a litre its over £100 a week and its worse on fuel that the double drive unit that its replaced. Its averaging 7.62 MPG at the moment, I thought with it being a mid lift it would have done a lot better than it is doing. Could get over 8 with my double drive.

that needs to be looked at. maybe with it bein an 11 plate the programs may not be set correctly for it. or the pump could be nakerd. it would be done under warranty so might aswell put it in.

8 legger:
Its averaging 7.62 MPG at the moment, I thought with it being a mid lift it would have done a lot better than it is doing. Could get over 8 with my double drive.

If its brand new the MPG will improve as the engine loosens up, but the adblue usage sounds a bit high.

You’re also paying far too much for your adblue ! I buy it it 205 litre drums for £ 95 + vat & delivery , ibc’s are even cheaper !

Denis F:
You’re also paying far too much for your adblue ! I buy it it 205 litre drums for £ 95 + vat & delivery , ibc’s are even cheaper !

Too right! Buying the 10 litre “drums” of it at petrol stations is by far the dearest way to get it. The places that have adblue pumps are usually 60-70ppl I think and as Denis says if you buy it in a drum or IBC to have in your yard it’s 50ppl or less.

Paul

I’m currently driving a similar motor with 72k on it on an 11 plate, and it’s double shifted, and uses about 10 litres per 24 hours, doing around 1000kms.

Ken.

I went to lymm truckstop today but the 24 hour fuel station was closed so i had to buy the 10 litre containers again but it was on £10 each this time. I’ll give the hire company a call on monday and ask for some one to have a look at it. Its costing a fortune in adblue, a 10 year old double drive cost less to run even including parts than a bran new 6*2 unit, progress i suppose.

To add. We’ve only got it for a month so bulk buying wont be economical to do really.

8 legger:
To add. We’ve only got it for a month so bulk buying wont be economical to do really.

The way its bloody using the stuff it will :exclamation: :exclamation: :grimacing: