Mercedes Antos regens too often

Any ideas we have a Mercedes Antos that regens about every 600 km and does another one straight after it. Also brings on adblue quality and Reduced power lights on, didn’t know if anyone else has had this problem

Mannick:
Any ideas we have a Mercedes Antos that regens about every 600 km and does another one straight after it. Also brings on adblue quality and Reduced power lights on, didn’t know if anyone else has had this problem

Depends entirely on what kinds of journeys it’s doing. If it’s doing a lot of local work/short journey work such as pallet network multi-drop then it’ll need to regen more often than if it’s on long distance as you’ll have more instances of heavy acceleration than something that spends 2hrs running down the M1 on the limiter which produces more soot that fills the DPF filter quicker so it needs to regen more often. A Mercedes Antos is the kind of wagon I’d expect to be on local multi-drop kind of stuff.

If it’s doing one straight after it’s either because one wasn’t sufficient enough probably because didn’t get the chance to complete fully before the engine was turned off.

DPF are designed to reduce reliability and convenience. Nothing to do with the environment.

TruckerGuy:
DPF are designed to reduce reliability and convenience. Nothing to do with the environment.

LOL, I agree, same as EGR

The lorry does about 450km a day, not on multi drops.

The regens do mainly get done with out stopping the engine, the first one ends and then the next time you turn off lorry and restart it, the 2nd regen begins. Very strange

Weve had exactley the same problem a few times, in our experience its either the 2 dpf filters in exhaust blocked , your supposed change them every 2 years apparently but at £300 each its a expensive job , but also theres a sensor on top of exhaust near the back that can give same fault and at £70 is a lot cheaper fault , best to have it plugged in and go from there , hope this helps

Thank you all for your replies
Yes changed filter last year, mercs have had it twice and both times sent it back saying no faults showing on computer.
It’s the reduced power that keeps coming on is the problem, we either have to call in to our independent garage to get it turned off or occasionally goes off itself, might try this sensor on back of box

Mannick:
mercs have had it twice and both times sent it back saying no faults showing on computer.

This attitude…

From the dealers boils my wee. ‘I don’t give a ■■■■ what your computer say’s. I’m telling you there’s a problem. I always bring my lorries to a dealers to waste their time and lose myself a day’s work’.
It smacks of ‘we’ve sold it to you and now it’s your problem’.

edit typos

If it’s doing a regen and doing another straight away then it hasn’t completed the dpf regen. And most likely the second one is also not completing.

Dpf’s are a pain in the arse on cars and trucks.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

longpod:
Weve had exactley the same problem a few times, in our experience its either the 2 dpf filters in exhaust blocked , your supposed change them every 2 years apparently but at £300 each its a expensive job , but also theres a sensor on top of exhaust near the back that can give same fault and at £70 is a lot cheaper fault , best to have it plugged in and go from there , hope this helps

Never known any where I am being changed and some of the units are on well over a million km.