Mercedes Actros

Make sure the ignition key is in Position 1 or Acc position,then it will say " Constant Heating" in the display

I was out in an Axor last night and could I get the nightheater to switch off!!! Managed to switch it off when I was shutting the truck down lol

ajt:
Heating set at 21 degree’s all night ?!?! :open_mouth: Dread to think what your home heating bills are :laughing:

Dirt cheap, he’s a tramper :grimacing:

ajt:
Heating set at 21 degree’s all night ?!?! :open_mouth: Dread to think what your home heating bills are :laughing:

Heating is set a lot lower I’m paying for that remember. :wink:

me having a blonde moment,

bald bloke:

ajt:

Heating is set a lot lower I’m paying for that remember. :wink:

Ours is set at 22 and is never off from about October to April.

Silver_Surfer:
What MPG’s are people getting from the MP4 at max weight?

That really depends on terrain, I was tramping down in Kent all week, with a full trailer being trunked down to me over night, only empty running I did was from last drop (Sittingbourne usually) to first collection (maidstone) and I averaged 9mpg for the week.

Normally on a two day run from Bicker Lincolnshire - Weston Super - Mere, collect Swindon, deliver Tamworth, collect Rugby, deliver Spalding, I can usually get 10.5 - 11 although from Swindon - Spalding is only trays.

Silver_Surfer:

Mid 9s on ours.

What is the air conector type behind drivers seat
?
was thinking of a air duster , but not very sure what fitment it is.

Terry T:

Silver_Surfer:

Mid 9s on ours.

Really? Bloody hell that’s good. What trailer are you pulling & do you drive like a saint?

A friend of mine has an mp4 2545 at timber haulage,it does no worse than 8mpg some weeks he gets 9.it runs at 46 ton. His old mp2 1844 did 6.5 @ 40 ton :open_mouth:

ellies dad:
A friend of mine has an mp4 2545 at timber haulage,it does no worse than 8mpg some weeks he gets 9.it runs at 46 ton. His old mp2 1844 did 6.5 @ 40 ton :open_mouth:

Wow

Winseer:
The engine brake doesn’t seem to do much with 44t, since running downhill it’ll just double-change down, revving the nuts out of it well into the red, and you’re still accelerating down the bloody hill. Then you use the actual proper brakes, and you get told off for “not driving it on ECO properly”. Even if you manually override the gears, and knock it back up one, it’ll just change straight back down again. Back to manual all the time, and padding the brakes it is then. :imp:

Garrrgh! They’re a pain in the arse! Even MANs have engine brakes that actually dampen your speed when you take your foot off the pedal, which seems a much better system to me. The MAN radios are easier to use, without having to flaff around with that damned white on black/black on white radio screen that you get on the Actros as well.

That’s why you can’t beat a gearbox retarder. Most of the heavy haul boys use them because they’re so powerful. Don’t put it in full chat when you’re empty unless you want to go through the windscreen.

Winseer:
The engine brake doesn’t seem to do much with 44t, since running downhill it’ll just double-change down, revving the nuts out of it well into the red, and you’re still accelerating down the bloody hill. Then you use the actual proper brakes, and you get told off for “not driving it on ECO properly”. Even if you manually override the gears, and knock it back up one, it’ll just change straight back down again. Back to manual all the time, and padding the brakes it is then. :imp:

Garrrgh! They’re a pain in the arse! Even MANs have engine brakes that actually dampen your speed when you take your foot off the pedal, which seems a much better system to me. The MAN radios are easier to use, without having to flaff around with that damned white on black/black on white radio screen that you get on the Actros as well.

That’s why you can’t beat a gearbox retarder. Most of the heavy haul boys use them because they’re so powerful. Don’t put it in full chat when you’re empty unless you want to go through the windscreen.

Silver_Surfer:

Terry T:

Silver_Surfer:

Mid 9s on ours.

Really? Bloody hell that’s good. What trailer are you pulling & do you drive like a saint?

Should’ve said, max weight for us is only 38t as we run 4x2s. Got 420hp too and do a lot of motorway work.

FH Hammy:

My company like maximum engine brake usage so I was surprised they didn’t have that new Voith Water Retarder fitted that Mercedes now offer.