mercedes actros

as stated in other posts I drive a 64 plate Mercedes actros,it has got to be the most uncomfortable motor I have ever driven,and I have driven a fair few in my 27 years,the reason for this post is I want to ask any other actros driver if their unit feels every bloody bump in the road,you are literally being bounced up and down on your seat,M A N and D A F soak up the bumps quite comfortably this merc I drive is really bad,i am beginning to wonder if there is something wrong with it,either that or Mercedes when they designed the new actros never done much design on the suspension,starting to really get to me now,tired of the motor but I am stuck with it

I drove them for over 2 years thought they were great apart from the gearbox.

Is this Actros a Big/Gigaspace cab or the smaller variety, more commonly seen on the roads? Cab size will have a lot to do with it by way of air (bald blokes ex employer run Bigspace, probably with air suspended cab) or bolted to the chassis like my 2543LS… Have a fiddle with the 2 levers at the front of the seat, just under the cushion…might find the left one is pushed right down…that’ll make it bounce! :laughing:

I used to have a 64 plate gigaspace cabbed Actros, the ride on that was also atrocious. I now have a 16 plate XF 510 daf, such a superior ride compared to the Merc. Also a lot quieter as well !

Actrosman:
Is this Actros a Big/Gigaspace cab or the smaller variety, more commonly seen on the roads? Cab size will have a lot to do with it by way of air (bald blokes ex employer run Bigspace, probably with air suspended cab) or bolted to the chassis like my 2543LS… Have a fiddle with the 2 levers at the front of the seat, just under the cushion…might find the left one is pushed right down…that’ll make it bounce! :laughing:

normal actros,unfortunately

Billbigwheels:
I used to have a 64 plate gigaspace cabbed Actros, the ride on that was also atrocious. I now have a 16 plate XF 510 daf, such a superior ride compared to the Merc. Also a lot quieter as well !

exactly my point,MAN and DAF are far superior when it comes to ride comfort

Mine felt a bit bumpy yesterday :unamused:

Bloody trailer decided to detach itself from a car heading the opposite way and roll straight into my path.

truckman020:

Actrosman:

normal actros,unfortunately

That clears that up then! It’ll be the same on any small v large can motor… Our CF is like being in a wheelbarrow but the XF we had on hire a while back was lush…even my old MegaSpace was better than my current one

Part time ‘detailer’, full time truck driver

We have the new 16 plate version at our place… they haven’t improved any!

As I’ve said elsewhere somewhere recently. My FH4 is perfect for everything really, comfortable ride onroad and offroad.
It’s in MOT at the moment also getting some other things changed so hired out a DAF E6 out. As perfect as my Fh4 if not more. The bed is notoriously good like they used to be in the 105’s.
In my old scania highline, i swapped out the mattress with a 105 daf one. Best change i’ve ever done. :laughing: :sunglasses:

The ride is very harsh, yes. I find it better than the MAN I had before, as that was way too boaty. But from 21 to 30 around the M25, or heading South on the A34 (past the shell garage after the M40) it doesn’t half do some bouncing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJF3011:
Mine felt a bit bumpy yesterday :unamused:

Bloody trailer decided to detach itself from a car heading the opposite way and roll straight into my path.

muppet car driver.