Mercedes actros drivers

Can anyone help me out please, I drive a 2009 actros and have 2 big draws under the bed, the top one won’t open anymore, the handle lifts up but the draw won’t open. I really need to get into the draw as I’ve got some food in there which is gonna start stinking the place out if I don’t get it out.

Would anyone have had this problem before?? If not, it’s down to Mercedes garage on Monday morning

had this the other day on our 2008 2544, the cable inside came off and there was no way to open it, went in to merc and they done it in know time, maybe someone else has a better answer?

Madguy :smiling_imp:

Thanks madguy, looks like a trip to the dealer on Monday, it will probably smell like death in the cab come Monday :laughing: :laughing:

if you have some tools with you underneath the bed is a board,undo the bolts and take off revealing the top of the fridge/drawer,there is an angled hole on one side In the bottom of the drawer,find something that fits in the hole and try and lift the bar behind the drawer,this will then release it…I left the top board off for a while once I’d released it and tied a bit of string to the bar behind the drawer until I got it fixed at Merc.HTH. :wink:

Bikemonkey:
if you have some tools with you underneath the bed is a board,undo the bolts and take off revealing the top of the fridge/drawer,there is an angled hole on one side In the bottom of the drawer,find something that fits in the hole and try and lift the bar behind the drawer,this will then release it…I left the top board off for a while once I’d released it and tied a bit of string to the bar behind the drawer until I got it fixed at Merc.HTH. :wink:

Thanks, I’m at home now for the weekend, taking it to Mercedes some time on Monday but have taken a screen shot of your post in case it happens again, cheers

The method Bikemonkey described to get into it is spot on. It’s probably a broken wire cable which is attached to the handle, a bit like the brake or gear cable on a bicycle. Not expensive to fix, just a pain to get at, especially when all your grub is in the fridge! I had it on two Actroses :frowning:

Yep, happened on my 07 one when I was at marmite too, german engineering eh?

Our merc has one like it but he just lifts the matress up to get into it.Its just a drawer ont a fridge,hope that might help

Can someone please put a picture with that hole?