Merc with strange headlight configuration?

Spotted this today and it looks like its missing its headlights is this a normal configuration or is there something missing

Geo

It’s had some ■■■■■■ aftermarket twin light conversion.

Xenon lights, maybe even factory option…
Serie 4 Scania’s xenon also looks like that

Rob K:
It’s had some [zb] aftermarket twin light conversion.

for once, i totally agree with you Rob :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

shuttlespanker:

Rob K:

Once? You were agreeing with me on some stuff last week too iirc. Just WHAT is going on? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That unit looks like the type that usually pull ejector/waste trailers - no spoiler or fog(sorry driving) lights :laughing:
Just a bit more sturdy on the front end.
MAN do a "Baseline "model like that dont they ?

Rob K:

shuttlespanker:

Rob K:

Once? You were agreeing with me on some stuff last week too iirc. Just WHAT is going on? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

he is doing a bit of licking and sucking i thinks :grimacing: mr k, :wink: as the saying goes IF YOU CANT BEAT EM.JOIN EM :grimacing: :grimacing:

Have seen some very low height units pullin euro car transporters with lights loke that could have been the case here and they reverted it to normal size wheels

Suedehead:
MAN do a "Baseline "model like that dont they ?

i know what you mean,like those Ginster motors have got.

I’ve driven this motor, after I past my test my very first job was with this unit. Their based beside Rosehearty in Aberdeenshire.

This is an approved Mercedes option, which is mainly fitted to low-height Actros tractors or rigids. Most of the take-up of this option has been for car-transporters etc though there was one supplied to a heavy haulage company who were running it with a low-height low loader trailer moving cranes and road planing equipment.

Ed

man:
Xenon lights, maybe even factory option…
Serie 4 Scania’s xenon also looks like that

series 4 with the xenon conversion

regards
mark

scan0027.jpg

As already said they are an option for low running units to reduce the chance of damaged lights from stone chips etc.

This truck really has some strange headlights. Usually are high. But I notice that truck has a really low headlight or is it really a headlight?

lol nice trying to sell things on here. you think were that stupid lol