Merc Vito Dualiner

How many of you guys got one of these as a company vehicle and what Benefit in kind tax do you pay ?

shakysteve:
How many of you guys got one of these as a company vehicle and what Benefit in kind tax do you pay ?

Had a Vito courtesy van the other week.
What does the ,what looks like a cup of steaming coffee /tea symbol on the dash mean?
Was going to ask the bod in Rygor but totally forgot.

I being self employed have one, it’s 100% claimable. Bought it new last year claimed the vat back & it is classed as a commercial vehicle so just the same as any other van.
I also have a Commercial Discovery 4 & that works the same :smiley:
Not sure if you get any benefit if your employed ie company car tax.

shakysteve:

Apart from not having to buy the vehicle or pay the running costs, I cant see any benefit for an employed worker, as you have your Tax code altered to take account of the “in knid benefit”, so work out whether you really need it or whether running your own car might/will be cheaper :wink:

Suedehead:

shakysteve:

Had a Vito courtesy van the other week.
What does the ,what looks like a cup of steaming coffee /tea symbol on the dash mean?
Was going to ask the bod in Rygor but totally forgot.

It is supposed to be some kind of alert awareness thing. If the car thinks your starting to flag and nod off, it pings an alarm apparently.

Wagger:
I being self employed have one, it’s 100% claimable. Bought it new last year claimed the vat back & it is classed as a commercial vehicle so just the same as any other van.
I also have a Commercial Discovery 4 & that works the same :smiley:
Not sure if you get any benefit if your employed ie company car tax.

Just make sure you buy the right one, 2 are cars and only ones classed as a van