Merc Problems?

Have to give it few revs or it gets very fussy.

Just like a woman.

Ken.

Mike c forgot to say that you can go into the menu and change the digi display time to BST even though it records UTC.It will match the time on your dashboard display then.
Going back to the switch off and defaulting to rest if you read the Siemens handbook you can specify the default when ordering the truck,if youdon’t specify default to work you get the crap default we have got,that’s why they won’t change it for free.Incidentaly it is the MAN dealer that has the programme to change them(not MB dealer)because they have the same problem.

don’t worry…everyone knows you’re in an auto merc so will make allowances. :laughing:
the school run mums will say’it’s ok children,the man with the truck is just resetting his gearbox by turning the engine on and off,we’ll all be able to get past soon’…even they know all auto mercs do this from new. :unamused:

The better they get…the worse they become :unamused:

More than likely a sensor, theres to many of the [zb] things, probably nothing wrong at all, its just that it goes into panic mode when it gets mis-information.
sort of …human like really :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Not got any answers to your questions ,
But merc back up is crap. my night heater has been broke for a week before they could book it in , was told 3 days , 2 weeks later still no answers !!!

Quinny:
Bloody German rubbish…

Ken.

Ken is this you by anychance :question:

ellies dad:

Quinny:
Bloody German rubbish…

Ken.

Ken is this you by anychance :question:

FPMSL!

Gotta agree with the general consensus though, I hate Mercs (cars and trucks), never liked 'em, never will (unless they invent one that can give the driver a BJ! :open_mouth: :wink:)

Pile of crap they are. Mine konked out again in heavy traffic. My mates konked out on the M6 !!! Volvo, Scania and Daf all have waiting times, Merc don’t seem to have them, work it out? You ever wondered why you havn’t heard from Stevie Wonder for years? He’s doing the PDI’s at Merc trucks !!! It has one redeeming feature and that is, if you’re going to have a duff truck its good to have a nice new plush one ! :smiley:
And if anyone trys to tell me how to switch an ignition on again i think i won’t be responsible for what i say or do :imp:

Dont know wot everyone is complaining about
broke down truck= OVERTIME !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mike-C:
Pile of crap they are. Mine konked out again in heavy traffic. My mates konked out on the M6 !!! Volvo, Scania and Daf all have waiting times, Merc don’t seem to have them, work it out? You ever wondered why you havn’t heard from Stevie Wonder for years? He’s doing the PDI’s at Merc trucks !!! It has one redeeming feature and that is, if you’re going to have a duff truck its good to have a nice new plush one ! :smiley:
And if anyone trys to tell me how to switch an ignition on again i think i won’t be responsible for what i say or do :imp:

Mike, i’ d be interested to know whats the cause of the problem when you get it fixed :question:

I asked the question some time back and had a fairly positive response on the actros
.trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … ht=#266362

I’ve no complaints.

right…don’t quote me on this but the mp2 has it’s gearbox ecu attatched to the top of the gearbox,to save on wiring faults. :confused:
when the box gets hot the ecu gets hot and can get upset.
there have been reports that a good soaking with a bottle of mineral water does the job as a short term repair.
would love to hear if it does work…haven’t had the opportunity to try it out yet.
all the auto’s we look after are daf’s and seem to stand up ok.

wrecktech, have you any idea why the change is slower on the MP2 electronic manual (Powershift? [old name EPS]) box compared with the older model ?

Well i filled my adblue tank up yesterday and noticed this :open_mouth:

I think i have changed trailers about 4 times in the three weeks i’ve had it and havn’t exactly been bouncing on the catwalk. Its all loose. Its now gone into Road Range

Their customer service shows every promise as being as good as their trucks. The woman makes you feel as though you shouldn’t be there in the first place, then she goes to check to see if ‘we can do all this work’. Three things…steering pulling to left and wheel not straight, catwalk adrift and faulty clutch. Then it turns out the trucks not booked in, i tell her the salesman has organised it. She takes the keys and doesn’t seem to happy, she doesn’t want to me to explain anything about the clutch fault to her or the mechanics either. They’re just used to dealing with ‘corporate’ customers really i would imagine.

One of the other lads was offered a replacement truck, lets see what happens.

I know there was a product recall on the MP2 , (ours is a 55plate) , for a chassi weld ! and like your pictures our cat walk has snapped , needs to be welded !

Ok, for Ellies Dad my model is a 2546 LS, is that a 460 hp?
Since its been out the dealers the gearbox has been fine, infact whatever problem they found on it they where able to come to our yard and sort the rest of them out by plugging in the laptop. I wasn’t the only one with a loose catwalk and the steering is now straight and it seems ok. I wasn;t the only one with a steering wheel like that either. And speaking to the guys who have taken theirs in for their first inspections to Road Range it seems they have the same impression of the lady on the 'customer services ’ desk. From what i encountered i’m not sure what made her think she might be suitable for the role.
New problem now though. This…

Mudguard on the mid lift axle splits and cracks. Anyone any idea how this happens?

Fallmonk:
I know there was a product recall on the MP2 , (ours is a 55plate) , for a chassi weld ! and like your pictures our cat walk has snapped , needs to be welded !

I don’t think Mikes has snapped yet, but it’s got a screw loose :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry I have a different opion of the workshop
in liverpool as I broke down last year,managed to drive
to the workshop after dropping off the contaikner and
trailer at the factory, After they had a good look at the
engine it was found to have a broken cam shaft, ,my
boss got them to put it together and iSAT there a weeek waiting
for a truck to come from germany to UNLOAD my container and to bring the
container back, I had excellent service,from all concerned
the lass on the desk was called susan,

and it ran with a broken camshaft?

I’m always willing to change my mind about anything! my gearbox has now failed, i cannot select any gear at all.i am sat in the midlands at the minute waiting for merc to call me.its been about an hour and a quarter so far. This might be fun :slight_smile: