Merc MP4 review

Robbe:

waynedl:

Robbe:

waynedl:

Robbe:
But bluetooth only works with one phone at a time…

I don’t have 12v sockets, but I’ve got 5 24v sockets. 1 where the ciglighter goes, 1 over the passenger side low table, 1 passenger side floor, 1 under the bunk between fridge and driver seat (LHD) and one over the bunk on passenger side.

I don’t get your point there? I play the music / internet radio off my phone onto the stereo, if phone rings it goes through…

I’ve not checked the other side of the bunk for a power socket, I don’t do nights out so the only sockets I use are the ones on the dash and I’ve used the other when I’ve stopped for a kip :smiley:

I’ve got 2 phones. My own personal phone and then the firms phone.
With some handsfrees U can connect both phones to the same handsfree at the same time. then talk in either phone.

and the socket over the bunk is in the upper storage space over the bunk.

Ahh, now I get you. Yes, I have 2 phones too, the other runs through my satnav.

A truck designed in 2011, using technology from the 90s… Almoust every bluetooth headset can handle 2 phones at the same time.

Yeah, it’s pretty poor I agree.

Robbe:

franklin:
Well I’ve learnt something here: The location of the 12v cigarette outlet!

Every Actros MP4 I have driven has had a phone installed directly over it and I never did think to look behind. I was using the ones round the passenger side and thinking this was a design flaw…

In which picture can it be seen?
I only see the button for it. 12v outlet is not standard.

In your photo, to the right of the radio in which you have a charger / satnav plugged into. I’m guessing that isn’t 12v then?

Directly there and just above the air vent I’ve always one of those Motorola phones installed. So is the only 12v outlet round the passenger side?

franklin:

Robbe:

franklin:
Well I’ve learnt something here: The location of the 12v cigarette outlet!

Every Actros MP4 I have driven has had a phone installed directly over it and I never did think to look behind. I was using the ones round the passenger side and thinking this was a design flaw…

In which picture can it be seen?
I only see the button for it. 12v outlet is not standard.

In your photo, to the right of the radio in which you have a charger / satnav plugged into. I’m guessing that isn’t 12v then?

Directly there and just above the air vent I’ve always one of those Motorola phones installed. So is the only 12v outlet round the passenger side?

The outlet next to the radio is 24v and cigarette lighter.

The only 12v is on the passenger side. And my truck only has 24v sockets :slight_smile:
Luckily almoust every charger/satnav works on both 12 and 24 :slight_smile: