Merc MP2 Actross night-heater

Any one else find the night heater is crap on the actross?,
or is it just me , am i right in saying the heat comes out the vents in the truck? not like al the other trucks where it has a exhaust/feed in the cab? :confused:

I found em better than the hole under the bunk type. If you leave all the vents open, ALL of the cab gets warm (inludeing the passenger footwell) instead of the little bit under your left foot where the hole is.

I thought this intially…til i read the manual…

Make sure the two door vents are facing inwards and not obstructed by the curtains…(assuming they r closed)…tilt the middle ones slightly downwards…and set the temperature to 28 degrees…(find for some reason that works better than ‘Max’)…then simply bear patients…

It takes longer due to the method used to produce the heat…(see manual for details…can’t blooming remember)…but when it gets going…its ■■■■ good…at getting the cab nice and warm…without the noise…and burning ankle

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Never had any problems with mine. In fact I think that it was the best night heater I’d come across. As Supersmiley says just set temp to 28 degs and you’ll be as warm as toast. :slight_smile:

Couldnt agree more. The night heater in these Actros' are fantastic, but on the flip side of the coin has anyone else thought that the air conditioning on these new ones is crap? The old 52 plate used to chill me to the bone, but my 06 one doesnt give out much more than someone blowing on my face!! :frowning:

i agree, heater is fab, but air con could be improved, in the hot weather last year it wasnt too strong, but it works better if you put the air curculation button on too as it blows faster.

I find 25 deg C keeps me more than warm enough. :smiley:

And it’s much quieter than the one in my 05 FM Globetrotter. :sunglasses:

Not had any experience of hot weather with the Actros yet, but I find A/C does a good job of clearing the windows of mist when the weather’s damp.

Seems to take about twice as long to warm the cab as the older single outlet type.
… and anything thart you’ve temporarily stowed for the night over the front of the dash gets red hot from the screen vents.

Just a quick up-date on this after much nagging merc they finaly had a look at it , and replaced the pollen filter (â– â– ?)
Feels like its a different truck! nice and warm , just on tick over speed (1 click) of the fan , now know wot everyone was going on about it being a great heater , just shows you , it must have either be knackered of clogged !

night heater

pollen filter

one click of the fan

errrr, anybody else confused?

sounds like we’re talking about the engine warmed cab heater here?

Just when you think you’ve heard it all, some bugger with a Merc comes along whinging about the night heater or the air conditioning! :open_mouth:

It was never like that in my day, etc etc … :wink: