Merc axor 55plate, night heater died, help?

Back in the wagon I switched to at the end of last week, noticed on Monday night it didn’t seem to blowing as well, and now it appears to have died, (was rather chilly this mornin!) anyone have any advice? Thanks
Ste

EDIT, been told to check if the air intake for the heater is clear, the outlets are, (behind the seats). Anyone knoe where the intake is?

You just need that kid of the Simpsons to go, “ha ha” now. Can’t help but wouldn’t fancy a wagon that didn’t have a night heater at the moment.

its usually the thermostate or possible the regulater that goes had the same thing in a daf 2 years ago when it was snowing and very cold good luck get the long jopns and the thermals out

Will be an eberspacher night heater. Open/lift up the bunk and pull out the plastic cover (think it was behind drivers seat) you will see the pipes and go from there. Note the heater has one pipe going in (cab air) and one pipe going out (heated air)

if its dead “dead” it could be the fuel pump has gone or glow plug (so will need servicing etc)

Done that, there’s 2 pipes out, 1 to each vent vehind the seat, then there’s a box that doesn’t particularly seem connected to anythin just before a hole in the back of the cab. (almost looks like there should be a hose going out?, there’s a fan in the end nearest the cab wall(really should learn not to stick my fingers in things!) Took a photo so I’m gonna go look up how to upload. Seems to be workin again now but still not as strong as it was.
Thanks

How about checking temp sensor above , its usually full of dust … Well if its same as in actros ?

My advice is to chuck that heap of tish in the scrap & get youself a proper motor… :slight_smile:
I always check night heaters & air con all year round in any motor I drive, I believe the key to keeping things working is to use them regularly…

Silver_Surfer:
You just need that kid of the Simpsons to go, “ha ha” now. Can’t help but wouldn’t fancy a wagon that didn’t have a night heater at the moment.

[Nelson mode on] Ha Ha [/Nelson mode off] :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: