Merc Actros 12/24v charging points

Hi chaps I’ve noticed today that only the 24v at the radio and the 12v at the passenger side footwell are working,the other 2 points are not.
Any idea why and any info on how to fix it?
Cheers

Pentland Loyal:
Hi chaps I’ve noticed today that only the 24v at the radio and the 12v at the passenger side footwell are working,the other 2 points are not.
Cheers

Prob blown fuse
Ours keep doing that as the drivers overload them using kettles etc

nick2008:

Pentland Loyal:
Cheers

Prob blown fuse

Would that not blow them all tho?

Pentland Loyal:

nick2008:

Pentland Loyal:
Cheers

Prob blown fuse

Would that not blow them all tho?

No as 24v one by radio is switched and 12v runs from separate dropper

They are not “fused” they are ECU controlled.If you try to draw too much current the ECU locks them out.
Most common fault is the the ground tang has burnt or bent and you have to strip the plug and repair it or fit a new socket.

Bking:
They are not “fused” they are ECU controlled.If you try to draw too much current the ECU locks them out.
Most common fault is the the ground tang has burnt or bent and you have to strip the plug and repair it or fit a new socket.

:confused: Strange why you say that when I had to change a fuse to get the switched one working when I took truck over :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: also there’s a 25a fuse for the 2 unswitched ones :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: