Menen gate

Parked empty nr kortijk does anyone know how close to the Menem gate I could get tomorrow night if I drop trailer off and bob tail there. Would really like to see/ hear the last post

malcolmj:
Parked empty nr kortijk does anyone know how close to the Menem gate I could get tomorrow night if I drop trailer off and bob tail there. Would really like to see/ hear the last post

greatwar.co.uk/ypres-salient … n-gate.htm

Belgium is fairly relaxed about lorries and units parking on the road side as long as you do not block a cycle lane or fire hydrants

Plus the old soldiers still like us.

These are things that make a man feel humble.

Wonderfull experience listening to the last post been there before & if any copper wants to complain about you taking a unit to pay your respects at the gate they should be ashamed of themselves!
Sorry though i went in a car so can’t help you!

Took the kids there before we moved to Calgary , all them names on the gate its so moving . Well worth the trip also took the kids to an old WW1 Museum with trenches, made even better because it was raining so the kids got a real idea what it must have been like all them years ago. Got the name of a great little B & B in the town centre