memory jogger

Hi All I found this site by accident and am hoping that I can jog a few memory’s, first thing is I am terrible at remembering names and place names so please give me a bit of leeway.
After reading some of the posts going back to the M/E days I thought I would add a bit of my own, it starts about January 1974 when I got a job with a haulier in east London, The yard was near the north entrance to Blackwall Tunnel and I think the guys name was Gibson ( maybe Paul ) and I was given a Scania 110, The colours were dark blue and I think a white stripe ?. And myself and another Driver who`s name escapes me were put on sub-contracting to I believe it was Astrans , And from memory the job was hauling a complete tobacco plant ( ■■■ making machines) to just across the afghan border via Iran. also from memory there was about 10 plus truck loads maybe more but I cannot know for sure. if anybody has any recollection from my very short post I would love to hear your recollections. I know we had some good laughs and I did meet a lot of great guys and as this was my first M/E trip I learnt a lot from them guys. Hope the old passport stamps also bring back a few memory’s

Shot in the dark here, but are you this Yoyo or another Yoyo? Robert :question:

Yoyo with 7MW.jpg

robert1952:
Shot in the dark here, but are you this Yoyo or another Yoyo? Robert :question:

No mate I was never that good looking

Hello YoYo and welcome to Trucknet forums. There is a trucknet member called Truckboy who maybe able to help you. He is an old M/e hand from Charlton, just the other (south) side of the tunnel. He was also an Astran driver from way back in the day when they were known as Asian Transport before they changed the name to Astran. If anyone should be able to help you it will be him. If you can find him on the members list you should be able to drop him a personal message (PM) or an email. Good luck :wink:

You should find quite a few 01’ers here.a lot of us worked out of London during the 70s.About 74\75 Astran had a lot of subbies.We first worked out of Chiselhurst then moved to West Malling.Its a pity you don’t have a photo of the truck.