Members with zero posts

as the title says …

ive been looking through the members lists and theres hundreds who have joined and never posted :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

whats all that about. :question: :question: why go to the trouble of joining and troubling the mod’s by activating accounts and then never posting.

ANSWERED HERE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

This has been discussed before m8, every forum I know has a number of members who never post.

cheers rog :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you seem to have the answer for everything. :wink:

jessicas dad:

Oh Rog i have a lump on my , errm :blush:

do you know what it is ?

:EDIT:

Might keep it to PM :wink:

jessicas dad:

Don’t know about THE answer - I might have AN answer - and not always correct either - ask coffeeholic :exclamation:

It is a fact of life with every forum, that the majority of members will lurk, (read but not post), the golden grail of every forum is to find that one post that persuades that lurker to post…

If I could work out what that “Hook” is I could make a fortune.

In conversation this week with the community managers of other websites they reckon on their forums they have a 5% active user base of total readership. We are a fair way above that.

that said the majority of our hits to the website are “one hitters”, someone who has googled/Yahhoo’d for specific information and have no interest in taking part in the community.

Some bits cant be seen if your not a member so you haveto join to see it all.

Also some people join forums like this dont like them go away and just dont cancel their posts, and SOME website owners do it to boost their membership!!!

tachograph:
This has been discussed before m8, every forum I know has a number of members who never post.

Very true!
I am a member of my Regimental Association BB,and a recent new feature is a “Member of the moment” which is a name drawn randomly from the list of members every hour.This is EVERY member,active partakers and “Lurkers”
I don’t think this has transformed any “Lurkers” into active posters by seeing their name highlighted.

most drivers dont want to talk when there sat next to you at a r.d.c, so what hope have you got of the ignorant zbs chatting on here .
have you tried saying morning lately :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

ady1:
most drivers dont want to talk when there sat next to you at a r.d.c, so what hope have you got of the ignorant zbs chatting on here .
have you tried saying morning lately :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

It’s more like morningski now a days.

On a serious note it is true even same companies drivers don’t even acknowledge each other let alone have a chat.

Ben9:
On a serious note it is true even same companies drivers don’t even acknowledge each other let alone have a chat.

yep ive had that, regular drivers wont talk to me cos i was an agency driver but even same company drivers dont talk :confused: :confused: :confused:

in fact il talk to anybody as long as they are clean and dont smell. :imp:

Winters

Perhaps some are just timid. :sunglasses:

Or perhaps they are wise enough to keep themselves to themselves until they have something worthwhile to contribute. :wink: Which was the such in the ‘Newbies’ this evening. :slight_smile:

maybe some people are a little shy, you know like with answering machines,seems easy to some but not others,took me ages to post on here,found the right topic one day,gave it a try and from then on it got easier…

Is a post the same as a pole? If it is, then half of them have gone back home apparently :laughing: