Megga distance

On Thursday i drove 5 miles in a 11 hour shift who can beat it need to say never went far and done alot of sitting about.But i was out the yard.

sometime last year I did a 13 ish hour shift.
took a load of oats on a bulk trailer from the yard to factory (1.2 km) sat in a queue amongst 10 to 15 trucks with no way of getting out.Used to take about 45min to tip one vehicle.
arrived at 0600
intake broke down at 0830
fixed at about1145
one more truck tipped then it broke down again
this happened another 3 times.
finally got to front of queue for tipping at 1715 ish
tipped half and it broke again
Finally tipped and returned to yard at 1830

Total km travelled…2.5
Total hours at normal time …8
Total hours at overtime…5.5
Total cups of coffee drunk…30+
Total DVDs watched…7

Thank god theyve now got a brand new intake…or…maybe not! :wink:

On site in Spain. Park outside overnight(for food/ drink etc…) Drive 1km back into site next day. Don’t move until the engine I’m collecting is on board. Never moved for 14 hrs! : :open_mouth:

I did an 8 hour shift at sainsburys hams hall, didn’t even get a tractor unit, went as far as the canteen for breakfast then again for lunch.

last monday, i drove through the gates at a factory in northern ireland, hooked up to my trailer.
sorry, customs still havn’t cleared it.
total driving 800 yards. :imp:

Can’t beat those, did a full shift covering under 1km once though.

Kuehne and Nagel on Manchester airport to Servisair and back, took that long that my shift was over.

Have occasionally done shifts that involved two runs from one unit in Magna Park to Asda ADC or IDC - 2-3 hour wait each time and total distance travelled about 3km…

A few years ago I worked as a shunter/local driver for Port of Tyne I averaged 30kilometers a day and changed trailers at least 25 times. For six months the tractor was an Iveco Eurotrash (4steps in and out) I was as fit as a flea.

russell2587:
I did an 8 hour shift at sainsburys hams hall, didn’t even get a tractor unit, went as far as the canteen for breakfast then again for lunch.

Did that several times when they were at Droitwich. Always took a book with me on that job…:slight_smile:

russell2587:

Never had it happen to me, but know a few who it has happened to…

couple of months ago did a 9 hour shift and 0.9km :frowning:

russell2587:

Had this happen to me loads at Bibby/Budweiser at Bicester,spent many a night sat in the rest room waiting,once you got to 6 hrs they would let you go home (and get paid :sunglasses:,usually when the brewery broke down at Mortlake :wink: