Medway to wells

On wednesday coming i will be driving down to wells with a friend. Im thinking of going m20, m25 m3 a 303, a36 to warminster, a362 to froam, a361/a371.

2 questions

1. is this a sencible route as the m4 looks a lot longer and we will be going back to bristol after dropping one of the cars at wells so seems silly driving past bristol only to come back.

2)after the service’s at fleet on the m3 is there anywhere else to stop for toilets and grub as we wont be leaving till late afternoon

Various service stations on the A303 and a big multi-outlet service area at Solstice Park just before Stonehenge.

thanks

Driving what? Cars? Lorry? Not much different M4 a bit further but maybe faster, both routes can be a ball ache, keep an eye on the traffic. A303 you will pass Stonehenge & it’s a nicer drive than m4

there is a Moto service’s at the end of warminster bypass.

I heard there’s a festival down that way starting next Wednesday.
Could add to your travel time.

buf:
there is a Moto service’s at the end of warminster bypass.

And it’s a dump. Gents stinks of stale pee, shower is broken; don’t blame Moto they only operate the filling station and the car park.

Though they have had the nerve to put parking up to £14 despite the above.

Any other week I’d say go that way, but with Glastonbury on, the M4 and Bristol might be better. For those who don’t know, the festival is not at Glastonbury, but Worthy Farm, Pilton, on the A361 nr Shepton Mallet.

Gremlinc82:
I heard there’s a festival down that way starting next Wednesday.
Could add to your travel time.

Don’t forget the hippies will still be at the stones as well as Tuesday is the solstice

Well if it’s Glastonbury festival definitely don’t go A303! Will be carnage :open_mouth: