Medicals

This is a warning to all those of you who have their medicals coming up soon - go and see your doctor and have your blood pressure checked.

My lgv licence ran out in July, and me being me, I left it to the last minute to book a medical. When I turned up at the docs my bp was 212 over 130 - and on the medical report it says you are unlikely to be granted a licence if it is over 180/110.

Anyway, ten weeks of no booze, smoking and lots of exercise along with loads of drugs (legal ones) have got it down and this week I passed my medical and have applied for my licence back.

The only thing is I have lost a really good job I had - and am working in a factory on horrible shifts for £5 an hour minding polystyrene machines up the Rhondda so back out looking for a decent job.

In reply to another thread on here my doctor charged £45 for the medical which is not bad as the going rate at some surgeries is £75

Apparently bp is known as the silent killer because there are no symptoms - so get it checked otherwise you could end up off the road as well.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Dave, and good luck with the job-hunting
Regards
Trev