Medicals...!

Hi everyone, I need some advice and wondered if anybody here could help?

Found out that my girlfriends father has a Class 2 licence, should have taken his medical 3 or 4 years ago but didnt (moved to Spain) and so now the licence has lapsed.He is not driving trucks at the moment but may wish to start doing so again.(he is moving back!!)

He is over 50. So would he just need to take the medical again to regain use of his licence or has he “lost” the licence and so needs to take a new test?

Have asked a few people who “think” they know but no one seems definate.

Failing that I could always phone the DVLA, but thought I would try here first.

Many thanks for any advice,

Cheers, Bullitt.

don’t quote me mate,but i don’t think the licence would expire,just that he would need to take a medical to regain his hgv/lgv status.maybe a quick call to dvla would answer your question properly,that way he is above board so to speak.but when he does come back and take the medical be aware that different medical centers charge different prices,it may pay to shop around.

and as a law he must register on trucknetuk.com :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hi All,

I was over 45 yrs old when in 1996 I was medically retired from my Aircraft refuelling job. I didn’t think I would ever be able to drive HGV again so never renewed the Class C+E part of my licence. Early this year I decided that I could manage to do HGV work again and so rang the DVLA to see how I stood as regards getting my HGV License back. I was told that because I had passed my HGV test prior to 1986 and it was in use in that year then all I had to do was pass the medical. I passed the medical and was issued my HGV for another five years

regards
Westie

Many thanks for taking the time to reply, I will pass on the info as soon as.

Cheers bullitt.