Medicals

I’ve seen it mentioned in here before that you should shop around for a good deal when arranging your medical, and that you don’t have to use your own GP. Just by way of an example, my own GP surgery wanted to charge me £92.50 (and couldn’t fit me in before 1st week of August. Phoned a few more surgeries and found one in a neighbouring village who quoted £50 - AND they can do it next week.

So that’s that bit sorted (well, booked if not yet passed, anyway :sunglasses:

Thanx for that Roy. It just goes to show what ya can save in time AND money by shopping around… :wink:

my own GP wanted £95 for the medical but i was recomened by a mate to try another surgery just up the road whos Dr agreed to see me the next day and charged £35 (cash only), i hear he just put his prices up but only to £38. the guy i saw was very laid back, the whole thing took less than 10 minutes. all in all i think its a rip off, wish i could earn somwere between £38 and £95 for 10 minutes work.

at the end of the day… your own gp gets paid by the nhs for having you on his list so how can they justify charging so much? by virtue of the fact we are in an industry where we have to pass medicals we must be ‘reasonably healthy’ so how much regular ‘work’ can we cause a gp, i didnt see mine for years now but he still gets paid to have me on his list.