Medicals

Due my first medical so had one done by one of the online guys in a hotel- 10 min slots and a big queue lined up outside, now reading that dvla have stopped accepting medicals from doctors on wheels ( not this company) do dvla contact your own doctor you put on the form or is this medical enough?? Worried I’ll have to get another medical elsewhere , or do they contact your own doctor if you have no health issues and medical is all ok■■?
Licence runs out start of aug so don’t want it being held up?
TIA

I believe they sometimes contact a driver’s own GP just to confirm there are no issues they haven’t mentioned.

Harry Monk:
I believe they sometimes contact a driver’s own GP just to confirm there are no issues they haven’t mentioned.

If DVLA medical do that and they find an issue then they will inform you
They will then ask you to attend a DVLA approved medical place to have that issue checked out for FREE

ROG:

Harry Monk:

If DVLA medical do that and they find an issue then they will inform you
They will then ask you to attend a DVLA approved medical place to have that issue checked out for FREE

That happened with me! I was driving for Christian Salvesen at their Leigh depot at the time of my first medical and they sent me down to BOC Crewe at their medical centre on the Crewe gates farm industrial est.

Cheers I’ll get it posted :grimacing: