medicals

One of my work colleagues has just renewed his licence on line, nothing unusual there, used his passport as photo I’d ect.
He did this in January, now he is 55 in February so he has already done a medical at 45 and 50. But when he got his licence back his expiry for his C+E is now 2020. He never did a medical in January just renewed his photo.
He is wondering if he is going to legal to drive after his 55 th birthday without doing a medical even though his licence expiry date is 2020.
I remember ROG posting something about this but can’t find it, and it’s the first time I have seen it on a licence.

All legal and above board, your friend is ok to drive till expiry in 2020, I did the same last year, changed my photo, now expires 2019 after skipping a medical, it has all been confirmed with the DVLA.

Plus one
And plus about a dozen others on here
All above board , in fact it makes you a much better driver !
Jim

I’m another who got the extra 5 years when I renewed my photo last year. Was due a medical next month but got until 2019 now. Doesn’t really matter as I don’t use the licence these days but nice to have should I need to use it in the next few years.

Thread on this = viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106565

i just looked on the online photo renewal page and it states the following

You can’t apply online if your name or title has changed or if you have a 5-year bus or lorry licence.

Do i just ignore this and plough on , my 55yr medical is due Nov 2015 ?

tamarman:
my 55yr medical is due Nov 2015 ?

Why the question mark - the date is on your licence

If you do have LGV expiry late 2015 and have not had a licence issued to you since oct 2012 then change photo mid 2015