Medicals ..in S E Essex?

Hi All…
I hope you had a fab long weekend!

I need some help please.

I am 50 next month and the medical forms for my HGV dropped through the door today.

Last time I had my own Doctor do this and I think it cost me about £150.

I seem to remember reading your own doctor does not have to do this for you and you can go to anyone you like.

Does anyone on here know of anyone in S E Essex who might offer this service or do I need to stump up the £150 again to my local doctor?

Thanks in advance.

driversmedicals.com

And that took all of under 1 min :unamused:

Nick - my sincere thanks for this… all booked and sorted!

If no licence issued after October 2012 then you could have changed the photo and got FREE 5 years added to LGV

ROG:
If no licence issued after October 2012 then you could have changed the photo and got FREE 5 years added to LGV

So…

For arguments sake. Let’s say I have a five year medical this year, all I have to do is request to replace my photo to get another five years licence entitlement without forking out my hard earned and actually taking a medical?

It’s that simple?

When the form from the DVLA drops through my letterbox saying I need a medical, I just reply saying I’m changing my photo and that’s it?

I’m not disputing your information, I’m trying to understand the actual process involved to gain advantage of it.

i may well jack it all in inside of ten years

No, if you wait until the renewal forms arrive it will be too late to go down the photo renewal route as the regular renewal process will already have started.

If you are still able to take advantage of this “loophole” (ie your existing licence was issued before Oct 2012) then simply renew the photo (form can be obtained online) and send it off now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Roymondo:
No, if you wait until the renewal forms arrive it will be too late to go down the photo renewal route as the regular renewal process will already have started.

If you are still able to take advantage of this “loophole” (ie your existing licence was issued before Oct 2012) then simply renew the photo (form can be obtained online) and send it off now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thank you…

Just getting it sorted now.

The FREE 5 years will start on the day of the licence issue NOT the date of the current medical expiry date if you go down the changing photo route

If concerned about missing a medical there is always the free NHS well man clinic and often a free eye check about

All

I had my medical today…booked via the recommendation below.

First class service! Doctor was very knowledgeable.

Easy to book, appointment on time, good Doctor…

I would strongly recommend

…plus… it saved me over £100.

Cheers

The medical forms have just dropped…

Through my letterbox this morning.

I’m in the system for a picture renewal. Let’s see what happens now.