Medicals in kent area

can anyone tell me where to get a drivers medical in kent, my gp wants £145, seemed a bit expensive to me!?
ive booked a day off Friday so hopefully its my first move in obtaining my license

1 finn:
can anyone tell me where to get a drivers medical in kent, my gp wants £145, seemed a bit expensive to me!?
ive booked a day off Friday so hopefully its my first move in obtaining my license

Hi 1 finn,

This post may be of help:
:arrow_right: Cheap Medicals - Nationwide (Updated 29/06/17) - USEFUL LINKS (POST AND READ ONLY) - Trucknet UK

I hope you get a good deal on your medical. :smiley:

Would you let us know where you eventually decided to go and how much it cost please??

Hi 1 finn, I am not from your side of the country so dont know what the useual price there is, but you could try phoning around a few other surgerys for prices as they can vary quite a lot. If you go somewhere else they may also have a waiting list , this may mess up any other arrangements you may have. Some training places offer medicals as well as driver training- this may not suit everyone for different reasons, hope this helps :smiley:

I had mine done by this GP:

Dr. Balachander
Borstal Village Surgery
25 Wouldham Road
Borstal
Rochester
Kent ME1 3JY
Tel: 01634 408765

Cost £65, much less that the £140 that my local GP wanted!

HI , This won’t help in the Kent area bit maybe of use to Norfolk drivers .It is possible to get your H G V medical carried out at the weekends in Norwich by the Dr who does the pilots at Norwich airport .Just had mine done last week and he charges £65 for the full medical and filling in the paperwork good deal I thought ,if the moderator will allow it I have the Doctors mobile number which I can post . Popeye ! ! A K A Concrete Cowboy

eyepop:
HI , This won’t help in the Kent area bit maybe of use to Norfolk drivers .It is possible to get your H G V medical carried out at the weekends in Norwich by the Dr who does the pilots at Norwich airport .Just had mine done last week and he charges £65 for the full medical and filling in the paperwork good deal I thought ,

Hi eyepop,

That wasn’t a steep price that you paid mate, nice one!! :smiley:

eyepop:
if the moderator will allow it I have the Doctors mobile number which I can post .

It’s no problem to post that phone number mate. :smiley:
I’ll happily also add it to our permanent list of Doctors who provide this much needed (and very often overpriced :wink: ) service so that our members can benefit from it when they need an LGV medical, so fire away please and we’ll thank you for it!! :grimacing:
An address would be good too please. :smiley:

HI ,As Mentioned in earlier post . Doctor Vincent Kielty will provide you with yuor H G V ( L G V ) medical in the Norwich area ,he can be contacted on 07515 409885
POPEYE AKA Concrete Cowboy !

Thanks for the info guys, I have updated the CHEAP MEDICALS THREAD - accordingly

Kate:
Thanks for the info guys, I have updated the CHEAP MEDICALS THREAD - accordingly

Nice one Kate!!

The more Doctors on that list, the merrier for everybody. :smiley: