I suspect “someone” was talking out of the hole in their backside :laughing:

tippertom:
whats new eu directive on medicals passed mine
at 50 last year someone said they are only
every ten years from earlier this year
any info would be great

Normally a D4 medical is valid for 5 years
The photo is valid for 10 years
Those under age 45 need to send a self medical assessment every 5 years to renew

I say normally because I have a valid 10 year D4 medical gap from age 50 to age 60 and this is how it happened …

My photo needed renewing in August this year and my LGV D4 was next due in Dec 2014 because I have/HAD a short 3 year entitlement due to an issue with my right eye
D4 medical done in mid 2008 at age 50ish - valid until mid 2011
eye only check (no D4) in mid 2011 but results caused issue so finally got it back in Dec 2011 with Dec 2014 expiry date for next eye and D4 medical - eye only check causes D4 to be extended - silly but that’s the way their system works

Off to the PO I go with my £24.50 and DVLA photo renewal form - PO take photo and form and send it to DVLA - no licence sent because ‘I lost it’ !!! :wink:

5 days later I get new licence back and the LGV expiry date is now August 2018 … EH !!
I called DVLA and they stated that because it was a new style EU licence issue the LGV expiry date is correct
THANKS DVLA :smiley: - 10 years between D4 medicals and no short 3 year one any more but that might change again at age 60

I thought so as well got mine for 3 years

then have to do field test but not full medical

tippertom:
I thought so as well got mine for 3 years

then have to do field test but not full medical

Have you noticed that the D4 date gets moved so it becomes more than 5 years between D4s ?

will phone dvla see where I stand sounds like they just want field test then

full medical 2 years later

tippertom:
will phone dvla see where I stand sounds like they just want field test then

full medical 2 years later

check the C expiry date on you licence after doing the 3 year check - that will give you the date of the next D4 or eye check if a D4 is not over 5 years old

If last D4 was dome in say mid 2010 then a 3 year field test in mid 2013 my guess is that the LGV expiry for the next D4 including field test is mid 2016