medical

can any one tell me if I have to go to my own doctors for a medical if I had a stroke ten years ago as he has all the details or can I go to any as mine wants 150 pound I prayed 120 five years ago is this the going rate now a days thanks paul

paul taylor:
can any one tell me if I have to go to my own doctors for a medical if I had a stroke ten years ago as he has all the details or can I go to any as mine wants 150 pound I prayed 120 five years ago is this the going rate now a days thanks paul

Any doctor and if DVLA want more info they will contact your GP or send you for tests for free at one of their recognised places

Check out the medical sticky at the top of the newbies forum

thanks rog

Why did you pray ?

went for medical today everything ok but he didn’t ask for a urine sample is this normal

You should have been asked to take one along as there is a section in the form about it, they just put a diabetes test paper strip into it.

I`ve always had to give a urine sample, cos it checks for diabetes, dont know if its obligatory, if DVLA have an issue, they will write to the doctor, but you can still drive, with a letter of authority from DVLA.

on my form it dos not say anything about a sample

When i took mine, the doctor did my blood level checks, then pointed to a container on the opposite side of the room, and said " I want you to give a urine sample in one of those containers", so i said
" What from here " :laughing:

I took my medical about 2 months ago and did have to give a sample.

Slightly o/t but when I had the snip I had to provide a sample a number of weeks later. The logistics of marrying up the sample and the container are quite difficult!

truckyboy:
When i took mine, the doctor did my blood level checks, then pointed to a container on the opposite side of the room, and said " I want you to give a urine sample in one of those containers", so i said
" What from here " :laughing:

Classic porridge truckyboy :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

paul taylor:
on my form it dos not say anything about a sample

On the copy of the D4 I sent in a couple of months ago it’s the 4th question down on the front page: “Is the urine analysis positive for glucose?”. I know the ‘Doctors on wheels’ etc. have to through a lot of drivers on their shift so it’s probably easier to just tick the ‘no’ box if a driver doesn’t bring along a sample.

It is normally a basic requirement for any medical examination.
It’s the first and simplest way of detecting excess glucose in the system.
Every medical I’ve ever had required a urine sample.
I have always provided a specemin and it always shows up off the scale for Glucose,and the first time the doc told me I had diabetes.
I know this,it’s only type 2 and well controlled by diet.
Now,when I have my diabetes check at my practice,I always get a printout of my blood/glucose level to show at my HGV medical and he writes on the D4,“Blood/glucose well controlled,no issue”!
On the latest version of the D4(12/12):
No where on the new D4 or the INFD4 can I find it that a urine sample is required,but any experienced HGV medical doctor will ask for one.
This is the info document on the new D4:

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … 250113.pdf