medical??

hello all, my question is, i have just updated my photo licence online, the expirey date for my class 2 (c) has changed, it was going to expire when i reached 45, three years time, but my new one says it will expire in march 2018 i will be 47. dont i have to have a medical at 45? or now 47? have dvla messed up? can anyone help please. cheer’s andy…

When was your last medical? The next one should be 5 years after that, or at 45 if your previous medical was more than 5 years ago…

my last medical wa early 2006 when i applied for my licence, strange its come back for renewal when i am 47, do you think i will get a d4 at 45? hope its 47.

Call the DVLA medical on 0300 790 6807 and ask them when your D4 medical is due - make sure you tell them when the last one was and what age you were when you had that

If they insist its 2018 then happy days :smiley:

I think they have just made a boo boo with the dates, surley when I hit 45 the computer will work it out and send me a form. Has anyone heard of wrong date on licence befor

jimroyale:
I think they have just made a boo boo with the dates, surley when I hit 45 the computer will work it out and send me a form. Has anyone heard of wrong date on licence befor

They will not contact you at age 45 if their system says otherwise

What is on the licence is usually what is in their system

One other thought on this …

LGV drivers under age 45 that change the photo are given then new 5 year self certifying medical date of 5 years but in your case it could be that the self certifying date has over-ridden the D4 medical oone due to a fault in the way the system is set up

As this is a new thing it will be interesting to see which takes precident - self cert 5 years or D4 at age 45