medical

Hi guys, the situation is i have not driven proffesionally for a couple of years, i have turned 45 and can remember geting a reminder before hand but it slipped my mind and a couple of years have passed, i have just obtaind my motorcycle licence and upon recieving my licence back noticed the hgv entitlement has been removed, the question is can i have the hgv entitlement put back on my licence if i was to take the medical as i have been told after a lapse of 5 years you are required to take the test again, is it just a case of taking the medical, and sending the relavant forms off with my licence, any info appreciated thanks.

I’m not 100% sure but i think all you have to do is pass the medical and you can then renew your hgv licence. You won’t need a re-test.

bald bloke:
I’m not 100% sure but i think all you have to do is pass the medical and you can then renew your hgv licence. You won’t need a re-test.

You can now be 100% certain because you have it perfectly - just pass the D4 medical - thats it

davwaz:
Hi guys, the situation is i have not driven proffesionally for a couple of years, i have turned 45 and can remember geting a reminder before hand but it slipped my mind and a couple of years have passed, i have just obtaind my motorcycle licence and upon recieving my licence back noticed the hgv entitlement has been removed, the question is can i have the hgv entitlement put back on my licence if i was to take the medical as i have been told after a lapse of 5 years you are required to take the test again, is it just a case of taking the medical, and sending the relavant forms off with my licence, any info appreciated thanks.

I let my HGV entitlement lapse for over 10 years and got it back as soon as I had a medical.

You don’t lose your HGV licence after five years, or ever for that matter, it’s only the medical becoming out of date that means you lose the entitlement to drive HGVs until you have a medical.

Thanks for the replies guys. Gonna sort it asap.

i just done the same waiting for licence to be returned now ?

how do you go about this guys. my dad let his lapse and needs it back now. where does he start?

mataos32:
how do you go about this guys. my dad let his lapse and needs it back now. where does he start?

Get Form D4 which can be downloaded from the internet (in colour only) then find cheap doctor for about £50 to do it

Send form and both parts of licence to DVLA

dft.gov.uk/dvla/forms/onlineforms.aspx

thanks rog. hopefully the old ■■■■ can work it out :smiley: