medical

Here isone for all you legal buffs know i live in spain can i do a spanish medical do i have to comeback to england for one.I hope you say i can have it in spain as they only cost 20 euros.

i would say that you need to come back to the uk,since you hold a uk licence :bulb:

:question: If you live in Spain shouldnt you have a Spanish licence.U.K. licences are only for U.K. residents. or am I wrong.■■? cheers Joe.

It’s an interesting question.

If you are permanently resident in Spain and have been entered into their Taxation system, then, supposedly, you should exchange your Licence for a Spanish one.

However, if you are merely there as a temporary resident for an extended period, then you would be right to retain you U.K. Licence.

Looking at the DVLA website:

1. Extra rules for vehicles between 3.5 and 7.5 tonnes (category C1), minibuses with between 9 and 16 seats (category D1), Large Goods Vehicles (LGV) and Passenger Carrying Vehicles (PCV).
    There are higher medical standards in place for the driving of these vehicles. A D4 medical report form** that has been completed by a medical practitioner must accompany your application if:

You are applying for entitlement to drive any of the above vehicles for the first time.
You are a car licence holder applying to renew category C1 and/or D1
You are renewing your LGV and/or PCV driving entitlement on or after the age of 45 and at 5 yearly intervals until the age of 65. (If you are aged between 45 and 65 and have been issued with a medical short period licence, then you only need send in a D4 form if you have not done so within the last 5 years)
You are renewing your LGV and/or PCV driving entitlement on or after the age of 65 and on a yearly basis thereafter.

The term Medical Practitioner is not defined or specified, and as all EU Doctors are expected to be qualified to a comparative standard, then why not get a Spanish G.P. to do the examination. Provided that the Doctor is properly qualified and the form is clearly stamped with their Surgery address and contact details, then the DVLA should accept his report.

The only real problem I can see is finding a Spanish Post Office that stocks the form D4. :smiley: