Medical

Just renewed my medical.as over 45 do you send anything else with the d4 form

A couple of crisp tenners normally speeds things up a bit :wink:

Just the D4 Medical form (duly completed) and the D47P Application for Renewal of Lorry/Bus Entitlement. You should have received both forms from DVLA 56 days before your licence expires.

an ‘application for renewal of lorry and bus entitlement’ (D47P)
a ‘medical examination report’ form (D4)
Complete form D47P.

Ask a doctor to complete the medical examination report (form D4). You can ask an optometrist or an optician to fill in the vision assessment section if your doctor cannot complete the whole report. The doctor, optician or optometrist will normally charge for this.

Send the completed forms to DVLA.

DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1BR

Your application form will tell you if a photo is needed with your application.

If so, you’ll need to include a new passport type photo. £17

Confused my licence doesn’t need renewing till 2023 when I will be nearly 48 thought you had to do medical at 45

Butchl1:
Confused my licence doesn’t need renewing till 2023 when I will be nearly 48 thought you had to do medical at 45

It depends entirely on the expiry date of your hgv licence.
Did you do a medical in 2018? 5 years before your licence runs out?

I had to do a D4 medical at 45. I got my hgv licence in 1979, when I was 20 years old (army).

Only ever done one medical when I passed my test about 16 years ago

Butchl1:
Only ever done one medical when I passed my test about 16 years ago

You seem to be another oddity. I’d keep my mouth shut if I were you.
If you’re now over 45, and if you phone DVLA to enquire. They are quite likely to say your licence is suspended as of now. Then send you a D4 through the post, second class business post as always, which will take at least 3 days to arrive. Then you have to get it done asap and send it back, then it’s another 3 days of second class business post, once they get your new licence done. If they realise on their own, they’ll probably send you a D4 through the post and give you a months grace, like they did with cooper1203.
If they don’t notice anything, they’ll send you the D4 a couple of months before your licence runs out. After that the medicals are every 5 years until your 65th birthday, when they become annual.

I think it is the case that you need a medical only on the next occasion your 5 year licence expires after you reach 45. The DVLA contact you about it I believe.