Medical

Next year I’m due medical (45). Can I use this medical also for provisional D? When applying for C I didn’t tick D so I know I need a separate medical for bus licence but I’m wondering if I could possibly pay for one medical for both reasons?

Yes, that’s fine.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks.
Also, when exactly am I suppose to get my 45 medical sorted - before turning 45? If so, how early?

You may find that the expiry of your licence isn’t actually when you turn 45. Your first renewal after 45 will require a medical.

On the licence it says 2024. I’m 45 in 2020. So does it mean I don’t need medical? Just for the provisional D cat licence?

You don’t need a medical for lorry until the licence expires yes. If you didn’t tick D on the provisional form unfortunately I think that does mean if you want to go for your D licence, it will require a medical. Perhaps someone else can confirm so you can be sure.

What is the date next to cat C on your licence?

Whatever that date states then that is when next D4 medical is due

You can do a new D4 now if you wish but it will only be valid for 5 years from the date DVLA issue the new licence if you are 45+

Fresh D4 medical needed for PCV in your case but as said that can be done at the same time as doing the next D4 medical - just a D2 form to be sent as well I think

ROG, it’s October 2024. I passed C last year.

In my stupidity I didn’t tick D when applying for provisional C.

dead.duck:

It might be worth a call to DVLA to find out if the D4 you did in 2019 is still valid for getting a D provisional :bulb: - I dont think it is but not certain

ROG:

dead.duck:

It might be worth a call to DVLA to find out if the D4 you did in 2019 is still valid for getting a D provisional :bulb: - I dont think it is but not certain

If your medical report was completed less than 12 months ago and submitted to DVLA then they should allow you to add an additional provisional entitlement - you’ll need to complete an additional D2 form and enclose a covering note to explain.

Unfortunately if it’s more than 12 months then you will require another medical.

ROG:

dead.duck:

No, it’s not gonna work unfortunately… Medical end of 2018, then theory beginning 2019, and training and test Oct2019.

Thanks for all the info anyway!