Medical

Hi all!

Brand new to posting on the forum, however I have been noseying about for some time.

I’m planning on doing my class 2 as quickly as I can however I am a bit worried about the medical as I am currently on the lovely Anti-Depressants but will be coming off these very soon!

Will this impact my medical at? Will I need to be off them for a certain amount of time before I can even think about this?

Thanks all!

WAZ91:
Hi all!

Brand new to posting on the forum, however I have been noseying about for some time.

I’m planning on doing my class 2 as quickly as I can however I am a bit worried about the medical as I am currently on the lovely Anti-Depressants but will be coming off these very soon!

Will this impact my medical at? Will I need to be off them for a certain amount of time before I can even think about this?

Thanks all!

I was on similar for anxiety when I took my medical and passed but they asked for a gp report. The delay from this was nearly 3 months.

Personally if I had known I would have waited 3 weeks to finish the tablets and not have to say but didn’t know at the time.

I’m going to my GP so she will have all the records to hand.

As long as it wont be a fail I’ll be happy :stuck_out_tongue:

The delay is more likely to be at DVLA. Any medical issue tends to be referred to their medical department and this is what takes the time.

Better to come off the pills and go to another doctor. You can answer truthfully that you are not on medication.

Either that or be prepared for a delay.

There is a caveat. If you need to be on the medication then you should continue with it and not make any rash decisions about not taking it. Your health comes before a licence.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

i’ll also say trucking is ■■■■■■■ hard and stressful at times make sure your in a good place before you spend a heap of money on something that you will regret

Been on them for over a year now, never had a breakdown or anything just was in a bad place.

Things are moving on now though planning a wedding and pushing forward with getting this licence.

My heads where it needs to be lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Will get myself down docs next week to start getting off the pills.

Thanks for the advice though, Any delay is just more time to revise for the theory :smiley: