Medical

Hello all,

I am currently revising for my module 2 (CPC) and I came across a medical question. I am aware that over the age of 45 drivers have to have a renewal and subsequent medical renewal every five years and that changes again to annually after the age of 65.

Is there an initial medical one must take before commencing HGV employment. If so is this taken before you commence HGV training e.g mod’s 1 and 3 or before you actually start driving professionally?

I only ask because I have already obtained my class 1 license and cannot remember taking a medical.

Thanks in advance.

Peter.

You need a medical before you can even apply for your class 2 provisonal

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I’m no expert but I think the medical is tied to your licence rather than the CPC so if you already have your licence, are under 45 and are just doing your cpc so you can drive commercially you should be ok.

Jonny, Andy,

That makes sense. I have no doubt had one somewhere along the way or due to me being in the military at the time of acquiring the license the relevant medical was transferable and counted for HGV. Who knows…

Thanks for the replies guys!

Terry.

DVLA will not issue the provisional without passing the medical ao as you have CE you must have passed it