medical soon.....

Got my medical on Friday, just a quick query… I wear contact lenses… will I need to go see my optician to fill out my eyesight part of the D4 form? Or will the doctor be able to do it when I have my medical??

Thanks in advance

You need an optician’s prescription dated within the last 4 months or get the front page completed by the optician. The doctor cant do it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
You need an optician’s prescription dated within the last 4 months or get the front page completed by the optician. The doctor cant do it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

My optician’s prescription was 4 days out of date and they returned my medical.

The doctor can do the eyesight test

burnie1:
The doctor can do the eyesight test

He can but only if you don’t wear glasses or contact lenses.

No the doctor can do the eye test if you wear glasses or not. The new form just allows a optician to do the eye test without the doctor having to sign the eye test off as their own work.

This is a quote from the current guidance notes for completion of the D4 medical report form.

Important changes Who can fill in this form The medical examination report (D4) now includes a vision assessment that must be filled in by a doctor or optician/optometrist. Some doctors will be able to fill in both the vision and medical assessment sections of the report. If your doctor is unable to fully answer all the questions on the vision assessment you must have it filled in by an optician or optometrist. If you do not wear glasses to meet the eyesight standard or if you have a minus (-) eyesight prescription, your doctor may be able to fill in the whole report. If you wear glasses (not contact lenses) and you have asked a doctor to fill in the report, you must take your current prescription to the assessment. Take this information booklet with you to any appointment you attend as it contains important information for the doctor, optician or optometrist. If you send us an incomplete report your application will be returned.