Medical required or not?

Licence is due for renewal 02/07/22.

I’m 45 on Oct 30th.

So as I see it online I won’t need to have a medical to renew my licence?

Anyone confirm if that is right?

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Assuming were talking about HGV licence, as long as your renewal date is more than 56 days before your 45th birthday, you don’t need a medical, which is the case for you. However, if someone’s renewal date is less than 56 days before their 45th birthday, they do require a medical, even though they would only be 44 at the time of renewal.

simcor:

patalk

What makes you think that?

Is it just your photo that needs renewing?

trucken:
Assuming were talking about HGV licence, as long as your renewal date is more than 56 days before your 45th birthday, you don’t need a medical, which is the case for you. However, if someone’s renewal date is less than 56 days before their 45th birthday, they do require a medical, even though they would only be 44 at the time of renewal.

That’s what I understood it says on the gov website. Just checking.

Seems odd that if licence runs out before your 45 you don’t need a medical but if after 45 then you do.

And yes my HGV entitlement and all other entitlements.

stu675:

simcor:

patalk

What makes you think that?

Is it just your photo that needs renewing?

Photo renewal I guess. Just checked and C+E is due Oct 2022. So I’ve got to renew my photo in July and then do a medical and Renew my HGV entitlement in Oct as well then?

So assuming that is the case I can’t do it all in one go when my photo card needs renewing then?

What a pavlova!

I missed the expiry dates on my HGV entitlement being different to other categories.

trucken:

Sorry I was getting confused between photo renewal and HGV entitlement renewal.

Can photo renewal just be done online and say that you still look like your passport?