Medical Renewal?

My first renewal is getting close.

Do DVLA write to you to inform you that your medical is due or do you have to keep tabs on it yourself?

How does the process work? Would I need to send off my licence?

They are supposed to send a letter but I never got one. You can order the forms off the website and then get your medical done and post the form off. You don’t have to send old licence.

Thank You!!

You could try changing the photo on your licence if not had a licence issued since october 2012 because that will give you 5 years free as a one off

Don’t know what age you are 123 but since your medical is due consider at the earliest mo finding out what your blood pressure reading is,has to be under
180 over100 and what about your eyesight,failing any of these your licence is gone till you pass and a few buddies of mine have been off the road till their
blood pressure is brought down.don’t leave it till the last minute you might have a holiday you don’t want.

What do you need to do to change you photo any special form etc?

LASHHGV:
What do you need to do to change you photo any special form etc?

gov.uk/renew-photo-driving- … s-to-apply

Ta.

One more thing I have moved house six months ago and had a change of address does this count as new licence.

LASHHGV:
One more thing I have moved house six months ago and had a change of address does this count as new licence.

Possibly - you need to ask DVLA

Hello all,

What has been the average time it’s taken Swansea to return your licence? I’ve currently been waiting since the beginning of June after having my first medical renewal at age 45, and a mate of mine had to wait 4 1/2 months for his licence to come back at age 50? I know I’m still good to drive unless I get a letter from DVSA specifically stating that they are NOT renewing my HGV entitlement (see the following info brochure gov.uk/government/uploads/s … 221014.pdf).

It’s becoming a bit of an embarrassment because I work as a relief driver for a variety of local firms, and they all want to keep their records up-to-date, which is fair enough. But whenever I ring DVSA I’m advised that it’s being processed and they’ll be in touch in due course, but I’m not able to get any correspondence from them confirming this, apart from being told to check the above info brochure. Apart from their in-house complaints procedure, is there an external ‘ombudsman/watchdog’ to whom I can refer this?

TIA for your comments.

hermann:
Hello all,

What has been the average time it’s taken Swansea to return your licence? I’ve currently been waiting since the beginning of June after having my first medical renewal at age 45, and a mate of mine had to wait 4 1/2 months for his licence to come back at age 50? I know I’m still good to drive unless I get a letter from DVSA specifically stating that they are NOT renewing my HGV entitlement (see the following info brochure gov.uk/government/uploads/s … 221014.pdf).

It’s becoming a bit of an embarrassment because I work as a relief driver for a variety of local firms, and they all want to keep their records up-to-date, which is fair enough. But whenever I ring DVSA I’m advised that it’s being processed and they’ll be in touch in due course, but I’m not able to get any correspondence from them confirming this, apart from being told to check the above info brochure. Apart from their in-house complaints procedure, is there an external ‘ombudsman/watchdog’ to whom I can refer this?

TIA for your comments.

Email your MP

The advantage with them taking a long time to return your licence is that the licence does not start until the day they send it out.
The first thing to do is call them, 0300 790 6801 to enquire if there are any problems, that’s if they haven’t called you first.
I did this on one occasion and was told here was no problem, everything was OK but the licence had to be “Processed” and could take up to ten weeks, but you can still drive.
With having to renew my licence every year now for several years, I have gained three months licence extension with having to wait for it’s return., but this year it was a quick turnaround getting my licence back within two weeks.