Medical Renewal

I got a form through the post from DVLA advising me to renew my PCV licence as it was due to expire at midnight on 22 February, just been for my medical and when I looked at the form DVLA sent, it states 22/02/2018, maybe I am missing something here but do DVLA always give 3 years notice, I also checked my licence and that also states 22/02/2018.

Phone them up and ask.

It will be when it says so on your licence = guaranteed

What age will you be this year?

I am 56, I was going for a medical anyway as I am fed up of buses, so I am going for my class C, but I will phone them on Monday see what they say.

I wouldnt worry mate a few lads at work have havent had to have medicals they were told if no outstanding medical problems dont worry ,one lad was 60 and not had is forms spoke to DVLA the women on line said not to worry ,he even rang back and was told by another woman the same one lad who was due his first at 45 and was told the same ,hope this helps mate.

BIG AW

stevie1958:
I am 56, I was going for a medical anyway as I am fed up of buses, so I am going for my class C, but I will phone them on Monday see what they say.

Do you have C prov on your paper bit?

Many who get the original medical ticked for both LGV & PCV prov at the same time so it covered both

No I don’t have C provisional, however I will be completing form D2 along with my D4 and D47P, although I have no intentions of going back bus driving I don’t want to loose it as you never know when I may need it in an emergency etc.

Should have realised what age you are as you were born in the same year as me - its in your username !

His topic had me thinking so i looked at am licence I’m 65 in July but my licence has the date 07/16 by then ill be 66