Medical question please help

Hi everyone, im a newnposter and need the help straight off the bat from you in the know types on here.

I got my bus licence full manual cat D in 2011 and now i want to oearn to drive lorries. I have been told by a trainer whonis 90% sure that because i had a medical for my Cat D in 2011 i wont need another one to apply for my provisional Cat C.

Im in Leicester and McConnels have said they will give me 16hours training as i am used to driving big buses about and for everything including the stupid CPC training he will do it for £1000. I think that is pretty good unless someone else on here knows where may be cheaper.

But please can someone tell me the answer to my original question about the medical and also IF i need to do mods 2 and 4 for LGV cpc as i already have a cpc card for buses.

Thanks in advance

Ignore the fact that you have 3 identical posts because the site is playing up

I have seen McConnells around because I live in Leicester but so far we do not have a report or recommendation for them on this site so if you are using them then we would appreciate some feedback

You medical might cover C but only if you ticked for C as well as D when you send in the D2 form for D - if not then you will need a new medical
Easy way to know - look on paper part of licence and see if you have provisional C = no C then medical needed

ROG:
Easy way to know - look on paper part of licence and see if you have provisional C = no C then medical needed

Exactly this… I made the mistake of NOT ticking the C box when i applied for provisional cat D… Then 3 years down the line when i wanted a provisional cat C I had to sit another medical…

my advice on medicals is thus… DONT ask your own doctor as they can charge up to £70 to do the medical. ask the training people who they use, as they will know someone who does it for beer money!

Cheers

B…

Sambo82:
IF i need to do mods 2 and 4 for LGV cpc as i already have a cpc card for buses.

Yes you will need to unless you already had a LGV C1 on your licence before 10/09/2009

You have been offered a VERY cheap quote. Either grab it with both hands and hope it’s a bargain or consider why it’s so cheap and run a mile.

Any trainer you are with should be able to answer these elementary questions.

I am looking forward to reading the diary.

BTW, nothing unusual about 16 hours. It’s pretty well the industry norm for a car driver to CAT C. You could probably do a lot better.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Bungle666:

ROG:

Exactly this… I made the mistake of NOT ticking the C box when i applied for provisional cat D… Then 3 years down the line when i wanted a provisional cat C I had to sit another medical…

my advice on medicals is thus… DONT ask your own doctor as they can charge up to £70 to do the medical. ask the training people who they use, as they will know someone who does it for beer money!

Cheers

B…

£70? Mine wanted £175 iirc!

exit:

Bungle666:

ROG:

Cheers

B…

£70? Mine wanted £175 iirc!

OUCH!!!

B…

My GP wanted £115, quick google and I found a local doctor who did it for £50 from his home.

I paid £56 for my medical which is this Wednesday :slight_smile:

Is the 16 hours including the test time or plus the test?