Medical question c1 pre1997

hi all,
i have the c1 because im old and passed before medicals and driving skill was required :smiley:
iam considering going for the class 2 ie c ,this requires a medical im concerned that once i take a medical i will be forced to take one every 5 years even if i dont pass my c would this render my c1 void if i let it expire or my eyesight is only car standard, also once i have a provisional how long does is the medical valid for?
thanks guys :wink:

Medical last for 5 years after age 40 ( so if you pass C before you are 40 you have 1st medical at 45 then every 5 years )

Depends who does your medical as if they will remove your c1 entitlement & if they inform DVLA or not ( my dad had his removed after 1 of his heart attacks )

Once you have taken your medical which every new licence application has to have no matter what age when you then receive you licence back you will then have to sit your theory & HPT before practical training

arlow:
hi all,
i have the c1 because im old and passed before medicals and driving skill was required :smiley:
iam considering going for the class 2 ie c ,this requires a medical im concerned that once i take a medical i will be forced to take one every 5 years even if i dont pass my c would this render my c1 void if i let it expire or my eyesight is only car standard, also once i have a provisional how long does is the medical valid for?
thanks guys :wink:

The medical expiry for ALL the pre 1997 categories is age 70 - that will not change

The D4 medical after age 40 for LGV C (including another hidden LGV C1) is for 5 years until age 65 then yearly

Like me you will have, after passing C, TWO LGV C1s on your licence with one hidden behind C and those C1s will have 2 different medical expiry dates

Should the D4 medical be refused then that does not automatically affect the other pre 1997 ones unless DVLA medical decide that the reason is so severe that it warrants doing do

thanks exactly what i need to know, i did look on the dvla website but its not the clearest :confused: