Medical forms posted off, whats the next step?

Do I wait to hear back from the DVLA then post my licence off to get the learner entitlement put on? Someone did tell me the steps but I’ve forgotten :frowning: hoping someone can remind me.

I assumed you had to send the licence off with the medical form? But I may be wrong :smiley:

Wait on DVLA returning them , telling you that you have put some ink outside the box and to please fill them in properly before sending them back again :open_mouth:

If I remember correctly you send off the medical form and the licence application with your driving licence off together.

Use the time you’re waiting for it to be returned studying for the theory

You’re supposed to have sent off your photo card along with the forms. They may just send you a letter asking you to send back your photo card, or they may send everything back for you to re send.

Why not make your life easy and let a good trainer do all the leg work for you?

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I did, or I would have probably made the same mistake :grimacing:

I thought is stated on the D2 form that the licence needs to be enclosed :question:

I believe it also states it on the envelope as part of a checklist, but we are all human after all.

OP - it may be worth ringing the DVLA and asking them what is best to do, wait for the form to be returned or to send in your license separately

There wasn’t anything on the form about posting it with your licence and I checked it three times, there were two tick boxes on the last page about checking over it to make sure the doctor/optician had filled everything in and making sure you had signed and dated it.

There also wasn’t an envelope with it. FFS I’ve probably ballsed it up :blush: :laughing: :unamused:

Will phone the DVLA

Edit:

Send the completed report (vision and medical
assessment), application form and your driving licence
to DVLA

From here gov.uk/government/uploads/s … 091115.pdf

Guess I’m waiting for the forms to be returned lol

Gives you extra time to study for your theory :slight_smile:

Gives me more time to sit with my face in my palms and think about how stupid I am :laughing: this thread should make others aware, always read the pamphlet that accompanies important forms so you know exactly what you need to do, forms will be posted back and I’ll then fill out the rest of the paperwork I didn’t do :laughing:

:blush: :blush: :blush: