Medical for HGV in north east

Just rang my doctor to book a medical to renew my licence and quoted £107.07p is this the going rate these days. someone told me you don’t need to go to your own doctor is this right.

woodstock:
Just rang my doctor to book a medical to renew my licence and quoted £107.07p is this the going rate these days. someone told me you don’t need to go to your own doctor is this right.

Yes X 2

Yes I got Doctors on wheels [think that was the name] £45 they came from Leicester in a caravette and did a few of us in the car park at Barton lorry park. [sounds dodgy said like that :smiley: ] Look on th computer under hgv medicals theres loads of em

You should be able to find one well under £50 - I paid £30 in Birmingham.

Have a read of this

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19955

Depends where int the North East you are

woodstock:

Another is driversmedicals.com think they charge around £50 now and cover most of the country I think, not sure about Scotland

if your near newcastle the university does them for about 50 quid its near the hancock museumn

£80 ish it cost me about 18 months ago in south west wales, & that was with my own Doc, if I had gone up the road about six miles, it would have cost me about £108 ish + a three week wait!! :open_mouth: . I could have got it done at a fraction of the cost eles where in the country, but , taking into consideration, with the feul cost to get there, & taking a day off work + medical fee (even though it was a lot less), it would work out that it was going to cost me heaps more in the long runn :open_mouth: !!. Shop about is your best bet as prices very a lot in different placeses :sunglasses:

I paid £39 up Newcastle I think it was near gosforth it was a little private medical centre dr Scott the guy was called.

Hiya …i went to doctor on wheels cost me £50, you phone into a office and they give you a option where
you can have the medical. mine was 300yards from the pops cafe in a layby going towards Knutsford on
the A50 ( i put all that so drivers know how handy that one is)I got the same going over as i did at my
own GP 5 years ago for £120.I found theres a GP on the outskirts of stoke charging £30 and theres stacks
of parking…its a pity you can’nt fit that in with a trip…Did you drivers know you can have the medical 6
months before you old medical runs out…that makes it easier to ring round before having to dash to your
own GP and and get ripped off
Good luck
John

Thanks for all the help. :wink: I managed to get a medical today at Ponteland for £65 +vat still cheaper then my own doc and all sorted today, I did ring the mobile unit but there earlist appointment was 14th Jan :smiley:

I used this link which will no doubt be removed by the tnuk police transportcafe.co.uk/drivers_ … v_pcv.html £45 for a medical excellent and dirt cheap im surprised tnuk hasnt ever got involved in saving money fro driversd like this site does.

jammymutt:
I used this link which will no doubt be removed by the tnuk police transportcafe.co.uk/drivers_ … v_pcv.html £45 for a medical excellent and dirt cheap im surprised tnuk hasnt ever got involved in saving money fro driversd like this site does.

What an excellent find - found the Leicester centre and saved it to my favourites for 2013 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

jammymutt:

Can this be added to the link that we already have :question: please

animal:

jammymutt:

Can this be added to the link that we already have :question: please

Good idea, I couldn’t use them as my licence runs out end of the month so had to act fast and couldn’t get an appointment quick enough with them…