Medical expires soon, what to do?

My medical certificate expires in April, do I need to contact DVLA or do they send out a letter?

They should send you a reminder letter and all the forms you need, 56 days before your medical expires. IF that doesn’t happen you need to get forms D2 and D4 which you can order online from the website :

dvla.gov.uk/onlineservices/o … spx?ext=dg

What is the date next to the C category on your licence :question:

Have you had a licence issued to you after Oct 2012 :question: - if no then change photo quickly and see what expiry date for C comes back on the new licence

Gingerpose:
They should send you a reminder letter and all the forms you need, 56 days before your medical expires. IF that doesn’t happen you need to get forms D2 and D4 which you can order online from the website :

dvla.gov.uk/onlineservices/o … spx?ext=dg

Thanks, I’ll keep an eye out for it

ROG:

Have you had a licence issued to you after Oct 2012 :question: - if no then change photo quickly and see what expiry date for C comes back on the new licence

I’m always conflicted when this gets posted. on the one hand its great to get those years for free but on the other hand I cant see it being a good thing to miss otentially dangerous medical conditions for drivers

NickW88:

ROG:

I’m always conflicted when this gets posted. on the one hand its great to get those years for free but on the other hand I cant see it being a good thing to miss otentially dangerous medical conditions for drivers

Drivers can always take the free nhs health check etc

ROG:

hey ROG,my 5 yearly medical is due soon…10 05 16 next to my CE. what should i do next to try your theory out?

I’m 45 at the end of this month but haven’t received any forms.
Thing is I moved house a few months ago and when my licence came back the expiry date is now 2018. Does this mean I can postpone my medical until my licence expires or what?

nomiS36:
I’m 45 at the end of this month but haven’t received any forms.
Thing is I moved house a few months ago and when my licence came back the expiry date is now 2018. Does this mean I can postpone my medical until my licence expires or what?

Maybe? All I know is mine expires a day before my 45th birthday, if anyone still drives anything then :L

NickW88:

ROG:

Definitely. Any driver becomes an immediate risk the day he turns 45. Not the day before, he was fine for 20 years, but on that day he turns 45, his health is suddenly become a liability.

HOW ABOUT FUNKING EYE TESTS FOR CAR DRIVERS. BEFORE THEY TURN 70… :imp:

I know where you are coming from mate, it isn’t just at 45 I know. I’m of the opinion hey should be 5 yearly regardless of age. But as we got older things tend to creep in more don’t they so I think grabbing that extra 5 years for free can end up masking a lot of issues.

I also agree with your eye test point, everyone should have an eye test every 2 years regardless of if they have glasses or not!

Can I have a braille version of this thread please? :smiley:

You and I both know it’s not your finger you’d rub over it!