Medical Expired

I passed my Class 1 back in '88. In 2002 I changed jobs and no longer used my HGV licence, and foolishly did not renew it in 2004 on my 45th birthday by not renewing my medical certificate.

If I wanted to get my HGV back, would I need to go through all the training again, or could I just get a new medical certificate and send it off to Swansea?

Thanks

xjrblade:
I passed my Class 1 back in '88. In 2002 I changed jobs and no longer used my HGV licence, and foolishly did not renew it in 2004 on my 45th birthday by not renewing my medical certificate.

If I wanted to get my HGV back, would I need to go through all the training again, or could I just get a new medical certificate and send it off to Swansea?

Thanks

Your never completely lose your HGV entitlement it just becomes out of date.

You just have to get the medical done and send off the licence application form together with the medical Form D4 which should be completed by a doctor.

See Cheap Medicals - Nationwide

Welcome to Trucknet-UK :wink:

Many thanks for your reply Tachograph. Will arrange a medical asap.

:smiley:

xjrblade:
Many thanks for your reply Tachograph. Will arrange a medical asap.

:smiley:

An you’ll need your dcpc if you ntend to use it for reward mind

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=19955 = cheap medicals thread

nick2008:
An you’ll need your dcpc if you ntend to use it for reward mind

Yes I should have mentioned that.

Your acquired rights will end on September 9th this year so you will need to do 35 hours DCPC periodic training if you want to drive HGVs commercially.

In 2007 the driving rules changed substantially so you might need to brush up on those