medical due?

i am 47, passed my test nearly 5 years ago so is it up to me to sort a medical out? or are they goin to inform when 1 is due, the only medical i have had is to get my licence! ?

donpablo:
i am 47, passed my test nearly 5 years ago so is it up to me to sort a medical out? or are they goin to inform when 1 is due, the only medical i have had is to get my licence! ?

DVLA usually send you a reminder about 6 to 8 weeks before it is due but they do make errors so if it gets to within 4 weeks of the expiry date listed on your licence then I suggest downloading a D4 form and getting the medical done

DOWNLOAD D4 FORM

CHEAP MEDICALS

hi - i always thgt you only do medical when you go for test…do you have to do it every 5 years? am i missing somehting here :unamused:

Pops77:
hi - i always thgt you only do medical when you go for test…do you have to do it every 5 years? am i missing somehting here :unamused:

every five years once you’re 45

thanks my fotocard licence ran out but it was just because they all do i renewed that last year, an jus applied for a new digicard, maybe they wont want me to have a medical untill i am 50 then? i have had no reminders and my licence is up to date, like i say i didnt start in the job untill i was 43 which makes 5 years now i will be 48 in december 2011 so i dont want to jus go an pay for a medical if i dont require one yet…

donpablo:
thanks my fotocard licence ran out but it was just because they all do i renewed that last year, an jus applied for a new digicard, maybe they wont want me to have a medical untill i am 50 then? i have had no reminders and my licence is up to date, like i say i didnt start in the job untill i was 43 which makes 5 years now i will be 48 in december 2011 so i dont want to jus go an pay for a medical if i dont require one yet…

I’m sure you will require a medical before you reach 50, have a look on the back of your licence and see what the valid to date is next to your truck entitlements. Whatever that date is you will require to have a medical and renew before then if you want to keep the entitlement. Mine is valid until 12/04/2015 which is a couple of weeks after my 55th birthday because I didn’t renew it before my 50th last time so it doesn’t necessarily mean the licence will last exactly until your 45th, 50th, 55th birthday and so on.

If your first medical is anytime before you turn 40 then it will expire the day before you’re 45. If it’s after you turn 40 then it’ll last 5 years.

Does anybody know the definative answer to a question a student asked today.

If the LGV entitlement is about to expire in a few months a medical must be taken. How long before the expiry date can the medical be taken to not lose any time?

I.E If the licence expires on 20/09/11 and a medical was taken today would the next 5 years entitlement expire on 05/06/2016 or 20/09/16

Regards

John

My understanding is that the medical can be taken up to 4 months prior to licence start date. So, going on that, a licence due to expire 20/9/11 can be renewed with a licence taken today without penalty.

Hope that helps.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers Pete

Just 1 of those obscure ones your not sure about.

John