Medical at 45 (sorry to ask)

Nearing my 45th so due a medical :smiley:
My question is when is this actually due, my birthday is 24 june :sunglasses: yet my driving entitlement doesnt expire until sept 2012. so when do I actually have to have one.
I have yet to recieve any forms for the medical from dvla.
Please forgive me for my ignorance on this issue :blush: but I know you guys will know :wink:
Thanks lads :smiley:

romulas:
Nearing my 45th so due a medical :smiley:
My question is when is this actually due, my birthday is 24 june :sunglasses: yet my driving entitlement doesnt expire until sept 2012. so when do I actually have to have one.
I have yet to recieve any forms for the medical from dvla.
Please forgive me for my ignorance on this issue :blush: but I know you guys will know :wink:
Thanks lads :smiley:

The first renewal after 45th birthday, mine was when I was 46 and three months.

As far as I remember (it’s been a while since my 45th :slight_smile: ) you only need the medical form completed to apply for you your next licence after your 45th So for example, if you got your last licence renewed when you were 44 you wouldn’t have needed a medical completed, and you would not need to get a medical done until you renewed your licence again at 49. In your case, when you get your renewal forms for Sept 2012, that’s when you need to have a medical form completed to send with them.

romulas:
yet my driving entitlement doesnt expire until sept 2012.

That’s the relevant date for renewal purposes.

Thanks for that :smiley:
I knew the good people of TNUK would know :wink: :smiley:

I know it has already been answered, but here is the photocard licence explained.

direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr … /DG_068315

Most of the original photocards will have been renewed because of the photograph. This date is at position 4b on the front. This only lasts for 10 years although the licence lasts until your 70th birthday.

On the reverse, it gives the valid dates of the different classes of entitlement.

A digital tachograph card has similar information although these only last for 5 years.

Thank you all :smiley: