Medical and cpc question

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me roughly how long it takes from having your Medical to getting your licence back ?
Also I am coming back to HGV driving after a 3 year break, I have held my licence for 7 years with lots of experience but have not started any CPC yet !! Do you think this will affect me getting agency work ?
Thanks in advance everyone.

ruddio:
Can anyone tell me roughly how long it takes from having your Medical to getting your licence back ?
Also I am coming back to HGV driving after a 3 year break, I have held my licence for 7 years with lots of experience but have not started any CPC yet !! Do you think this will affect me getting agency work ?
Thanks in advance everyone.

Hi ruddio,

I’ve no idea about the answer to your first question, but somebody else will…

As for your second question, there are quite a number of employers who ask for some proof of X amount of periodic DCPC at the interview stage, but I’m not sure whether the agencies do the same.

If you plan on driving vehicles of >3.5t commercially on/after 10/09/14, I’d suggest that you make a start on getting yourself some periodic DCPC in case the prices go crazy as September approaches.

ruddio:

Usually within 3 weeks but often within days - depends on how busy they are and whether they find any medical issues they want to check on

If you pay more than £60 for the D4 medical then you have been ripped off

If not got D provisional on the paper part then tick D on the D2 form so that the medical will cover that should you ever need it in the future - no extra cost for that

I assume you are over age 45 because the medical would not have lapsed ?

Hi,

Thank you for your replies as always.

I have my medical in Ashford Saturday, got it for £47 thanks to this great forum.
I can’t wait to get going again and there seems a lot of work in Kent but as someone as mentioned Agencies say one thing and do another so we will see !!!
I have spoken to one I have worked for in the past and he insists there is still a lot of work.
Next to start cpc as well

Hello and Welcome

I got mine back in just over a week in December. :slight_smile: