Meal vouchers

is there anything decent you can buy with them , I’ve just got so hungry lately I’ve got a couple but the food ( fish and chips tonight , gravy,Mushy peas ) is terrible , one mouthful I binned it , when to wait rose got yogurt , fruit bat and bottle orange juice , nice ,
Is there anything anyone would recommend . Ta
Nb I do like my salads , fruit etc

Ive been using them the following morning for a coffee or breakfast sandwich and doing something myself for tea. or a wrap or something from starbucks or costa to save for lunch (only time i can warrant paying starbucks/costa sandwich prices!!). Havent checked if vouchers are actually valid the day after or if they just didnt notice though…

KarlM:
Ive been using them the following morning for a coffee or breakfast sandwich and doing something myself for tea. or a wrap or something from starbucks or costa to save for lunch (only time i can warrant paying starbucks/costa sandwich prices!!). Havent checked if vouchers are actually valid the day after or if they just didnt notice though…

Meal vouchers are valid for a month from the date written on the voucher. Well that’s the case usually for motorway services. Trouble is with the vouchers is they won’t let you split the £9 on say your tea from Burger King at night and then a coffee and toastie from Costa/Starbucks for breakfast.

Moto has got to be one of the worst , says £7 or whatever it is but you can only choose from certain menu in BK , and it never amounts to the value on the ticket !

Isn’t the parking+meal voucher at Stibbington meant to be a con? I’ve heard £10 just parking or £15 for a £4 meal voucher. :laughing: I admit I’d buy it if the firm was paying, but Stibbington looks too olde worlde for me and the sort of place some old ■■■■ might park beside me in his ERF and lecture me about ■■■■■■■ engines all night. Thus I avoid it.

Smoggie89:
Moto has got to be one of the worst , says £7 or whatever it is but you can only choose from certain menu in BK , and it never amounts to the value on the ticket !

It’s gone back to whatever you want off the menu now and not that truckers meal crap they were doing. If they only offer you that then they are fobbing you off. The truckers meal used to go through the till at about £4 but they’d take the full £9 off the voucher and you couldn’t use the difference on anything else off the menu the robbing ■■■■■ :imp:

Wardaddy:
Isn’t the parking+meal voucher at Stibbington meant to be a con? I’ve heard £10 just parking or £15 for a £4 meal voucher. :laughing: I admit I’d buy it if the firm was paying, but Stibbington looks too olde worlde for me and the sort of place some old ■■■■ might park beside me in his ERF and lecture me about ■■■■■■■ engines all night. Thus I avoid it.

Stibbies only used to be a fiver to park then it went upto to a tenner without a voucher. Can’t think why they hiked it up a fiver seeing as though there has been no improvements done to it :unamused:
Never heard of the £15 voucher though. Only thing that place is good for are the pizzas they do at night.

I buy flapjacks from Costa with my vouchers and have them when I make a coffee,£2 each never buy one with my money,had a sandwich from tossed at birchanger the other day that weren’t bad

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Smoggie89:

It’s gone back to whatever you want off the menu now and not that truckers meal crap they were doing. If they only offer you that then they are fobbing you off. The truckers meal used to go through the till at about £4 but they’d take the full £9 off the voucher and you couldn’t use the difference on anything else off the menu the robbing [zb] :imp:

Ah right last time I parked in birch I ordered a meal that was less than the value , so I asked for some onion rings aswell and she said I couldn’t get them only set meal , at least ■■■■ Turpin wore a mask !

Extra are the worst! No voucher, have to pay on those stupid throw a 6 to start machines and then ■■■■ about getting cash if they’re (inevitably) out of order.

Parked at Baldock last night, £25! Machines not connecting so had to use cash, oh and did I mention they don’t take £20 notes? :neutral_face: half an hour I was messing about, not helped by the rude and unhelpful “manager”.

The best value is Leeming Bar services moto have it now £14 to park and give you £9 food voucher.

Had a night out at Membury services a few Saturdays ago and had a Harry Ramsden’s fish n chip meal which was good because it has to be because it gets inspected for quality unlike a normal service station fish n chip meal would be, can’t remember the price but the meal voucher more or less covered it including a tea.

The chosen noodle in some of them ain’t bad . Roadchef give you 2 £5 vouchers so you don’t have to get loads to get your money’s worth

Just let me get this straight. Some of you guys are crying about what is, in effect, a free meal?

I try to not use burgler King if I can help it as after I’ve had it I feel hungry again about an hour later.

The only thing I’ve had in the moto canteen thing, EDC I think? Is the southern fried chicken steaks. Have always been alright when I’ve had them. And as someone else said, Harry Ramsden is inspected for quality so in theory it’ll be alright.

I always find it convinient that the prices in motorway services are suitably jacked up so you can only just get a decent meal with a voucher.

dozy:
is there anything decent you can buy with them , I’ve just got so hungry lately I’ve got a couple but the food ( fish and chips tonight , gravy,Mushy peas ) is terrible , one mouthful I binned it , when to wait rose got yogurt , fruit bat and bottle orange juice , nice ,
Is there anything anyone would recommend . Ta
Nb I do like my salads , fruit etc

Sounds delicious. :stuck_out_tongue:

at my favourite overnight stop i get fresh local seasonal veg , high quality lean cuts of meat , fresh fruit smoothies and unlimited helpings of “car door” ice cream and cups of tea .

i also get a go on a rather rough looking old girl … for free !!!

no vouchers involved …

its called home .

knock the tramping on the head lads …

you are only doing the boss a favour !!!

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

KarlM:

Meal vouchers are valid for a month from the date written on the voucher. Well that’s the case usually for motorway services. Trouble is with the vouchers is they won’t let you split the £9 on say your tea from Burger King at night and then a coffee and toastie from Costa/Starbucks for breakfast.

That’s handy to know cheers. Never dared to ask while handing over my voucher!, I haven’t tried harry Ramsden’s meals but I had a breakfast sandwich, choice of 4 things. Not cheap but got it with my voucher and v. nice too