McVEIGH & HUMBER McVEIGH

Hiya ,YOUR Lord .I used to return load a lot out Humber in Grimsby in the seventies fair rates and good loads .Yours Barry Waddy

Hi Your Lordship:

Thanks for the update on the names. I’m really pleased to know that Alec Blackburn is still around - its nearly 50 years ago since I first got to know him!

I have not seen Richard Thornally for a while now - used to see him in the Caf on Boston Dock when I called in there for breakfast on a Saturday morning. I think he may still be running his Volvo.

Do you have any news on The Yank? He was a mate of Alec’s, if memory serves me correctly.

Regards

MV8

Rob
Richard Thornally has a green FH16 running the continent with a fridge box.
Sometime’s see him in crossroads at stallingbrough.

Can any of you chaps remember “Big Dave” a fitter at Grimsby Depot and then Alford Depot. I believed he moved to Appleby’s Coach’s

Anybody left alive out there who worked Ross Group (TCT) (McVEIGH) 1960-1970
CHEERS
ROBERT jOHNSON
GRIMSBY

billheads:
Can anyone put me right about the origins of McVeigh Transport Salford and its transition to Humber McVeigh to help me with my research, any pics of McVeigh would be of great help

DONT know much about McViegh mate we used to reload from Hull thru them Timber, enjoyed seeing those LEYLAND COMETS pushed one of them arond the uk ,can still remember regs. the first i got 5790 ET (1964) MYATTS/MASONS

A few weeks ago I was coming out of Grimsby on a Sunday afternoon, just near the swimming baths, I couldn’t believe my eyes. There it was an A.E.C. Mandator, painted and lettered in Humber Warehousing livery, they’d even had the scrolls placed the doors. Have you any Idea who owns this little piece of yesterday?

Lord Derby,

That Mandator is owned by Roy Orsbourne. There is a full write up about it in this month’s Heritage Commercial. Cracking restoration job.

Cheers Bassman

Hi Bassman
Thanks very much for that, I ordered (Heritage Commercials) last Sunday over the net, and it arrived on Wednesday, it’s been a good read. Thanks Terry

Lord Derby,

No problem, if you can get hold of back copies IIRC they did a feature on Humber Warehousing about 2 years ago. I’m pretty certain it was that magazine.

Cheers Bassman

LordDerby:
A few weeks ago I was coming out of Grimsby on a Sunday afternoon, just near the swimming baths, I couldn’t believe my eyes. There it was an A.E.C. Mandator, painted and lettered in Humber Warehousing livery, they’d even had the scrolls placed the doors. Have you any Idea who owns this little piece of yesterday?

I also saw this truck on Tuesday this week down North Sea Lane Humerston It looked the business If i could have caught the drivers attention i`would have tried and waved him down.
cheers
Robert johnson

Here it is at Newark truckfest this year.

Nice Photo thanks
Looking at the registration number■■? were was itfirst registered Dont think its Grimsby
Robert Johnson

Registered in Stoke on Trent if I remember correctly.

part-time-trucker:
Registered in Stoke on Trent if I remember correctly.[/quote. Its a Warwickshire Reg, Regards Larry.

UE was a Warwickshire reg, but in the 70’s it became a West Midlands number, we had a few with that number registered in Wolverhampton. I remember hiring a Mandator from Ackers and Jarrett truck rental at Walsall with a very similar reg.

that reg is warwickshire, comart had quite a few LUE registrations many years ago and they were from that area. i remember LUE 73-74-75-76-77 all P registrations there may have been more, but memory is getting faded. cheers terry.

top cat leek:
that reg is warwickshire, comart had quite a few LUE registrations many years ago and they were from that area. i remember LUE 73-74-75-76-77 all P registrations there may have been more, but memory is getting faded. cheers terry.

UE changed from Warwickshire to West mids (Dudley tax district) in 1974.

Ayethats when the DVL First opened in Swansea, quite a lot of reg numbers were shuffled about for some reason or other ■■?, Regards Larry

Hi Terry Top Cat.

Much red wine has passed since then but I am sure that Comart had LEA 70P through to LEA 74P (and Moorlock had LEA 75P).

But Comart had KUE 342P through to KUE 346P which is why I though the UE was a Stoke or Staffs number. But for no other reason than that they were based in Longton.

Kind regards,

PTT

top cat leek: