McPherson of Aberlour

Do any of you guys out there have any info regarding working with McPherson , I am looking for a change & hear they could be looking for drivers

cheers guys

Rivits

rivits:
Do any of you guys out there have any info regarding working with McPherson , I am looking for a change & hear they could be looking for drivers

cheers guys

Rivits

They do have an advert running on their website and I would say it would be a decent job since the company was rebought from TDG by the family about 10 years ago.

I used to load their drivers back home from Hull Manchester and Liverpool but that was under the flag of the TDG, they all seemed very happy and many of them parked in the yard overnight for a wee dram or three :stuck_out_tongue:

mcpherson.ltd.uk/people/vacancies.html

I just noticed they now have their own operation in Trafford Park carting Trafford Gold, a liquid animal feed made from sugar syrup and glucose.

There main yards in Aberlour where they struggle for drivers as so far out in the sticks. They were recruiting big time for there yard in clydebank last year but nothing since. I know they keep units all over and let some drivers take there unit home. They have a small yard in london rd, glasgow as well.

Carntyne transport is same work and a goodun. Living in airdrie you could commute I suppose to carntynes yards in petterlee st glasgow or there yard in alloa where mcpheresons keeps units as well. Why you would want to commute like that though I don’t know.

The whisky business is booming in scotchland with all the distillerys and bonds expanding and recruiting. Mcphersons and carntynes have a near monopoly on the haulage work and have also expanded. Whites and mckay recently recruited 8 tanker drivers.

Taskmaster supplys drivers to both mcphersons and carntyne. You could give them a bell then see whats happening at both firms. Commuting though, ■■ that.

I sent mcphersons a cv myself in march while i was at carntyne with agency they wrote back saying no vacancies but keep on file for 3 months usual pish. Carntynes kept me going 4 months of last year and first 4 months of this year with agency, full week bookings as well with average 60hr week i was loving it, cushy number. I never filled an app for carntynes but made it known i would go fulltime but nothing happened till i got my tramping job i have now. Only last week my old agency phoned me up asking if i was wanting placed at carntynes again as there well busy. Will give those 2 firms a closer look in the future when i get bored of my current job. I know most the drivers are clearing £500 + pw for very easy and varied work.

Cheers guys , i have worked for the blue & white mob from Aberdeen , been there for 11yrs but since the main man retired its going downhill bigtime

Had a look at their website they look like quite a decent outfit.

my CV was sent to them on Friday :smiley:

They certainly should be busy as they do most of the work (from distilliries) into the filling hall at Leven (Diageo) and that place has recently doubled in size roughly (£90 million pound expansion) as Scotch whisky exports are booiming to Asia and Latin America. Although i’m not sure if the new filling lines are running at Leven yet, it can’t be far away. I know they had to stop for a bit as the main contractor went burst and also a construction worker was killed a while back (delaying the project while the hse investigated).

It is pretty much a monopoly on the whisky industry by McPhersons and Carntyne(Russell), i’ve not too many other operators on that work anyway. I’m surprised WH Malcolm isn’t into tankers/bulk grain as they are virtually in control of most of the other supply lines in the industry (packaging/bonded warehouses/final shipment etc) and they could almost offer DIAGEO a full package of services in Scotland probably saveing them a lot of money too.Although they would have to put approx 200 trucks and tanks/tippers on the road and the resultant company would probably be too big to control effectively.

I am surprised that Stobarts have not ventured into whisky haulage.

EDDIE STOBART FAN:
I am surprised that Stobarts have not ventured into whisky haulage.

They need someone reliable who isn’t going to be late for every delivery. I saw how bad it was on a TV programme recently

A & F Grants (red Fodens and Scanias) they’re from just down the A95 at Ballindalloch, from McPhersons of Aberlour.
They have Tankers and tippers, wonder if they sub for them.
Used to pass both their yards on the way back from Elgin.

gunnerheskey:
A & F Grants (red Fodens and Scanias) they’re from just down the A95 at Ballindalloch, from McPhersons of Aberlour.
They have Tankers and tippers, wonder if they sub for them.
Used to pass both their yards on the way back from Elgin.

Grants did a lot of animal feed, probably whisky mash for the pigs and they loaded back from Intermol and United Molasses

What’s the latest with these, seen them dragging fuel tankers around (I think), £10.12/hr advertised somewhere.?

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: WTF!!

I did a couple of spells for Freddie Grant a while back when on leave from the sea. Was mainly pot ale syrup from the Glenfiddich distillery down to Daventry then wash out and anything from Dead Sea water to acid back to anywhere, good outfit to work for then and have no reason to think otherwise now.