McGregor logistics

Hi all,

Heard these are looking for drivers, anyone no what there like to work for and what the pay is like?
Any advice would be great full.

Thanks

Avoid.

That bad?

Worse.

CALL round at Maritime based in IKEAS yard, and ASK IN PERSON if they have any jobs, you might get a nice surprise.

I interviewed with them last year and walked out immediately after they told me the money.

2 contracts. One 10 quid straight through Mon to Fri and the other 12 quid Fri to Mon.

No thanks. Avoid.

Looks like I had a lucky escape, I’ve fancied having a go at tramping for a while and as our place don’t offer it, I arranged an interview. Wife and kids gave me the go ahead to try it. I’ve been with my current employer around 10 years so it would’ve been a big change for me. I called to cancel the interview about an hour before I was due to go.

Thanks guys

I’ll avoid

Definitely best avoided main man Keith has mellowed out a bit but daughter Katie certainly needs pulling down a peg or two. I know someone who worked there and there attitude is there doing you a favour employing u which entitles them to talk like suit to you

Donnyboy:
Definitely best avoided main man Keith has mellowed out a bit but daughter Katie certainly needs pulling down a peg or two. I know someone who worked there and there attitude is there doing you a favour employing u which entitles them to talk like suit to you

Isn’t his son in the office as well … snotty little kid - about 22 … thinks he’s God’s gift to transport.
I did a few weeks there … had to use my own phone as no phones in the trucks … got told … “every-one has plenty of minutes on their contract” :unamused:

Yes i believe the son isin the office comment on the phone sounds about right for them

The Rustler:
Isn’t his son in the office as well … snotty little kid - about 22 … thinks he’s God’s gift to transport.
I did a few weeks there … had to use my own phone as no phones in the trucks … got told … “every-one has plenty of minutes on their contract” :unamused:

What kind of work were you doing there, and what was the kit like? I’ve also considered giving them a ring but heard various different opinions of them

They run almost exclusively DAF XFs ranging from 55 plate to new. I did pass a brand new Scania of theirs yesterday, but I reckon that is saved for a glory boy bum licker.

They do turf for us 6 months of the year, but I gather they carry anything and everything that pays more than a can of coke and a packet of crisps. :wink:

Know its 4 years old so any update or still one to avoid?

Henrys cat:
Know its 4 years old so any update or still one to avoid?

What do you think, leopards and spots !!

Fur coat, no knickers

Sent from my Redmi Note 8T using Tapatalk

Cheers, thought it would be but you never know :grimacing: :grimacing:

I nearly started for them a few years ago in donny but heard/read a few horror stories which put me off. I would still have given them a go though but something better turned up.
At the end of the day you aren’t signing a contract to stay for the rest of your working life so give it a go and move on if no good.